APPLICATION FOR TOURISM PROMOTION FUNDS
For 2009 Budget Year
Name of Orgainzation: ____________________________________________________
Contact Person: _________________________________________________________
Phone: __________________ Fax: ________________ E-mail:_____________________
Project Title: _________________________________________________
Date of event if applicable: _______________________
Amount of Funding Request: $_____________ for fiscal year beginning (mm/yy) ___________
Are you a 501c, 501c3, or 501 c6 entity? ______________ If so provide a copy.
How does/will your organization measure the number of tourists and the financial impact on
What is the total number of attendees expected and the number of Glenwood Springs attendees
included in the total? Please submit last year’s approximate attendance numbers if applicable
and if possible.
PLEASE ANSWER YES OR NO TO THE FOLLOWING 3 QUESTIONS.
1._______ Is this proposal a special event that will draw visitors to Glenwood Springs,
encourage longer visits or extend the length of the tourism season (September to May)?
2._______Does the proposal increase the aesthetic experience of visitors to Glenwood Springs?
3._______Does the proposal include the construction of an improvement(s) to attract visitors to
4. Please define the site/area/location of the event or project. If appropriate attach a map.
5. Please describe your project/event (half page or less).
6. How does this project increase tourism (number of visitors, length of stay, repeat visitors,
extend length of visitor season)?
7. Please estimate the positive financial impact on the Community?
8. Please provide budget for proposal and indicate how tourism promotion funds will be used?
Please list other sources of revenue, and expenditures. This should be attached.
9. Has the entity received funding from the City for this or any other projects/events within the
last two years? If yes, how much and for what purpose?
10. Provide schedule for implementation of proposal.
11. List other projects (up to 3) managed by entity.
12. Provide budget/financial statements (most recent year) for entity responsible for