Do-Random Acts of Kindness
Meeting Minutes 2/5/07
- Hi again!
- Start looking for things to do...Brainstorming session!
* Community Harvest/Soup Kitchen/Food Drive
* Help at schools/tutoring: Essex?
* Help at Community Center
* Donuts & Custodian Appreciation again
* Other drives (toy/food/soldier)
* Late night snacks @ 7th Street/Library (esp. during finals)
* Clean up streets/campus or downtown cleanup
* Something for Admissions Day
* “Chalk talk” (write messages on boards…) / Jokes around campus
* RAK day to promote RAKs (RAK campaign)
* BBQ/Frisbees in quad
* Laundry quarters
* Campus Easter egg hunt!
* Candy during finals, cookies for halls
* Get donations from local businesses, etc. (hand out coupons, etc)
* Little, happy day-brightening pens
* Free drinks at 7th Street/Library (ex: run a tab, and every 20th person gets free drink)
* Put fun things on people’s doors
* Plastic mugs for coffee at 7th Street
* Drinks or snacks at the gym
* Hand warmers on cold days
* Help paint faces at basketball/sports games
* Lemonade stand
* Free gum!
* Randomly leave quotes inside library books
- Valentine’s Day: Alyson’s mom has a lot of leftover chocolate
* Mike will talk to Dining Services to make sure it’s okay
* Put them in bags at next Monday’s meeting!
* Hand them out at a table (free) Wednesday in the LC; tip jar?
* Other places too?
- Write on cards or leave a note saying what we did (RAKees don’t know)
- See you next week! Same time, same place!