PROCESS HOW-TO’S (412) 237-3275
Use a Zip Disk and Zip Drive
1. Insert the Zip disk into the Zip drive, as the diagrams show below.
2. To view the contents of the Zip disk, click on Start and then select My Computer. The Zip disk will be listed
under Devices with Removable Storage header.
3. To eject the Zip disk, press the eject button on the right side of the drive.
How to "Drag-n-Drop" Files or Folders to a Zip Disk
1. Insert a Zip disk into the Zip drive.
2. Next, click on the Start button in the lower-left corner of the computer's desktop.
3. Click on My Computer.
4. In the My Computer window, you should see the zip drive listed under the Devices with Removable
5. Next, right-click on the Start Button and chose Explore. Please resize the window so that you can view
the Explore window and the My Computer window at the same time.
6. Open the location of the files/folders you want to back up.
7. Move the mouse cursor over the file/folder you want to copy and hold down the left-side button on your
mouse to select the file or folder icon.
8. Drag the icon over to the Zip drive icon.
9. When a small plus sign (+) appears over the Zip drive icon, release the mouse button. A copy of the file
or folder will now be located on the Zip disk.
10. To verify that the file or folder has been copied to the disk, double-click the Zip drive icon to open it.
The file or folder that you copied should be listed.
11. Repeat steps 6-9 until you have copied all the files or folders you want to back up.