Ohio Department of Health School Nurse Bulletin Board Registration Instructions Page 1 of 5
Ohio Department of Heath School Nurse Bulletin Board
Please note that in order to receive Bulletin Board messages directly into your e-mail inbox, you will need
to complete all of the steps below.
1) Go to the following Web address to register for the ODH School Nurse Bulletin Board
http://portal.odh.ohio.gov You can click on the link or copy and paste it into your web browser.
2) The above link will take you to the ODH Portal Access Manager page; click on the “Register” link as
Ohio Department of Health School Nurse Bulletin Board Registration Instructions Page 2 of 5
Fill out the information on the following screen. Select “School Nurse” from the Applications Requested
list and click the “Submit” button. This information will establish a general account for you in the ODH
If your registration information is accepted, a confirmation screen will come up that stating that you will
receive an e-mail with your username and password. If the confirmation screen does not come up, please
re-submit your information.
3) You will then receive an e-mail from “firstname.lastname@example.org” which contains your username and
password along with a link back to the Web site to sign up specifically for the ODH School
Nurse Bulletin Board. You can click on the link or copy and paste it into your web browser.
4) From this point on, each time you log on to the Bulletin Board Web site, click on the link “If you already
have an account click here to Login.”
5) Type in your user name and password. You will have to add “moss\” before your user name, so it
should look like this: Moss\firstname.lastname. (Note: the “\” is on the key below the Backspace key on
your computer keyboard.)
Ohio Department of Health School Nurse Bulletin Board Registration Instructions Page 3 of 5
6) Once you have logged in, click on “New” from the blue bar under Create an account for ODH School
Nurse Bulletin Board and then “RequestAccessToBulletinBoard.” Fill in the required information and
7) You should now see a screen that now looks like the picture below with your information. Once you
see the status saying “Account info submitted,” you can log out of the site. If your status field is blank,
refresh the page a couple of times. If it still does not update your status, please call the School Nursing
Program staff at 614-728-0386 or 614-995-7075 for assistance.
8) You can now log out. Within 10 days you will receive another email saying you have been accepted to
the School Nurse Bulletin Board group.
9) After you receive the e-mail welcoming you to the ODH School Nurse Bulletin Board group, you will
need to log-in in again with your user name and password to set your alert page.
10) Click on the “School Nurse Bulletin Board” tab at the top left side of the page.
11) Click on “Actions” in the blue bar under the ODH School Nurse Bulletin Board line and a drop down
menu will appear. Choose “Alert me” from the list.
Ohio Department of Health School Nurse Bulletin Board Registration Instructions Page 4 of 5
12) Make the next screen look like the one below. Go to the right side of the screen. Click on “New items
are added” instead of “All changes”. All other settings stay as they are. Click “OK.”
By marking the alert page as shown you will receive the OHD School Nurse Bulletin Board messages in
your e-mail inbox each time they are sent.
All current and previously sent Bulletin Board messages and any attachments will be archived the on the
Bulletin Board Web site. The Web site for the Bulletin Board is http://portal.odh.ohio.gov Be sure to save
your user name and password, as you will need them to log into the Web site in order to be able to view
the archived messages, attachments and the educational calendar.
Ohio Department of Health School Nurse Bulletin Board Registration Instructions Page 5 of 5
On the Login page you will also find the Update Contact Information and Reset Password links. If you
desire, you may go into the Update Contact Information link and change your name, e-mail address,
phone number or secret question /answer. When entering this portion of the Website, your user name is
firstname.lastname (do not place “moss\” in front of your name). You may use this feature to change to a
summer e-mail if you desire. You use the same user name (without “moss\”) to Reset Password. If you
choose to change your password, please be sure to write it down; ODH staff are unable to access
passwords once they have been changed by the user.