Gujarat Industries Power Company Ltd. (GIPCL) is an Indian based electrical power generation company. The company is engaged in generation and supply of electricity. It operates three power plants, namely, Vadodara Station-I, Vadodara Station-II and Surat Lignite Power Plant (SLPP). Vadodara Station-I is a combined cycle power plant with a power generating capacity of 145 MW. This station supplies power to its promoter companies through memorandum of understanding (MoU). Vadodara Station-II is also a combined cycle power plant with a generating capacity of 165 MW that supplies power to GUVNL through power purchase agreement.
Gujarat Industries Power Company Ltd. Key Recent Developments
Aug 04, 2010 GIPCL Reports Net Sales Of INR2.48 Billion In Q1 Fiscal 2011
May 31, 2010 GIPCL Dedicates 2x125MW Surat Lignite Expansion Units 3 & 4
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Gujarat Industries Power Company Ltd. provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.