Incognito Software's New IP Address
Management (IPAM) Solution Minimizes
Network Administration and Expansion Costs
Incognito Software Inc., February 28, 2006
Incognito Software today released the next generation in IP address management (IPAM) software, Address and Name
PR9.NET February 28, 2006 - VANCOUVER, BC – Incognito Software today released the next generation in IP address management
(IPAM) software, Address and Name Commanderä 3.6, for telecommunications carriers and cable operators that need to minimize IP
and DNS network administration and expansion costs. The software streamlines IP network planning, increases reliability through
fully integrated IP address management, incorporates DNS resource management and DHCP provisioning, and supports multiple
levels of system administration including end-user IP netblock and DNS resource self-management.
With the new release of Address and Name Commander carrier-grade software, network administrators can save time and make
better decisions about their high-growth IP multimedia networks, where all devices must have IP addresses and DNS server access.
· Planning tools to optimize IP address block allocation and eliminate user access problems caused by manual errors such as
duplicate addresses or inconsistent server configurations
· Automatic ARIN, RIPE, and SWIP reports structured the way Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) require, allowing anyone without
special expertise to submit them
· Device discovery of network elements such as CMTSs and edge CPE routers
· Status reports such as "planned vs. actual" usage of IP address blocks against forecast, as well as inter-departmental address
usage and leftover inventories
· Bookmarks for frequently-accessed IP address blocks
· IP address and DNS management synchronization, including checks for available IP address space during DNS record changes,
and automatic, secured DNS server updates during IP address setup
· Integrated reverse domain management for all planned IP space
· Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) resource management
· Dynamic reporting engine enabling any record to be grouped and/or associated with a service type for advanced reporting purposes
including circuit-id, CLLI code, TN, device type, and more
· Coordination of overlapping private IP space in case of corporate mergers and acquisitions
Address Commander and Name Commander 3.6 are available as a fully integrated software suite with special pricing for customers
interested in both modules. For more information please visit: http://www.incognito.com/products/products.jsp.
About Incognito Software Inc.
Incognito Software is a global provider of automated IP address management, domain management, and multimedia provisioning
systems. Broadband providers and large enterprises worldwide use our products to quickly and cost-effectively deploy high-reliability
data, voice, and video networks. Incognito is recognized for its top-rated carrier-grade software, superior customer support, and
partnerships with leading software and hardware vendors. For more information please visit www.incognito.com.
Address: Suite 500 - 375 Water Street
Vancouver, BC. V6B5C6
PR9.NET - Your Free Press Release Service