given me for edification and not for 11 Rom. 12:16, 13. The grace of the Lord Jesus
destruction. 12 1 Pet. 5:14 Christ, and the love of God, and the
11. In conclusion, brethren, rejoice! Rom. 16:16
1 Cor. 16:20
fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with
Be perfected; be encouraged; be of the 1 Thes. 5:26 you all. Amen.
same mind; be at peace; and the God
of love and peace shall be with you. The second epistle to the Corinthians,
12. Greet one another with a holy kiss. 13 Rom. 16:24
written from Philippi of Macedonia
All the saints send salutations to you. Phil. 2:1 by Titus and Luke
The Epistle of Paul to the
1. Paul, an apostle, not sent from men Chap. 1 ceived, LET HIM BE ACCURSED!
nor made by man, but by Jesus Christ 1 Acts 2:24, 10. Now then, am I striving to please
and God the Father, Who raised Him 9:6
men, or God? Or am I motivated to
from the dead; 2 1 Cor. 16:1 please men? For if I am yet pleasing
2. And all the brethren who are with 3 1 Thes. 1:1 men, I would not be a servant of
me, to the churches of Galatia: 4 Mat. 20:28
1 John 5:19
3. Grace and peace be to you from Rom. 4:25 11. But I certify to you, brethren, that
God the Father and our Lord Jesus Heb. 2:5 the gospel that was preached by me is
Christ, 6 Gal. 5:8 not according to man;
7 Acts 15:1
4. Who gave Himself for our sins, in 2 Cor. 2:17, 12. Because neither did I receive it
order that He might deliver us from 11:4
8 1 Cor. 16:22
from man, nor was I taught it by man;
the present evil world, according to 9 Deut. 4:2 rather, it was by the revelation of Je-
the will of our God and Father; Rev. 22:18 sus Christ.
5. To Whom be the glory into the ages 13. For you heard of my former con-
of eternity. Amen. duct when I was in Judaism, how I
6. I am astonished that you are so was excessively persecuting the
quickly being turned away from Him church of God and was destroying it;
Who called you into the grace of 10 1 Sam. 24:7 14. And I was advancing in Judaism
Christ, to a different gospel, Jas. 4:4 far beyond many of my contemporar-
7. Which in reality is not another gos- 1 Thes. 2:4
11 1 Cor. 15:1
ies in my own nation, being more
pel; but there are some who are trou- 12 1 Cor. 15:1 abundantly zealous for the traditions
bling you and are desiring to pervert 13 Acts 8:3, of my fathers.
the gospel of Christ. 9:1
1 Tim. 1:13
15. But when it pleased God, Who
8. But if we, or even an angel from 14 Jer. 9:14 selected me from my mother’s womb,
heaven, should preach a gospel to you Mat. 15:2 and called me by His grace,
that is contrary to what we have Acts 26:9 16. To reveal His own Son in me, in
preached, LET HIM BE ACCURSED! 15 Is. 49:1, 5 order that I might preach Him as the
9. As we have said before, I also now 16 Mat. 16:17
gospel among the Gentiles, I did not
say again. If anyone is preaching a 2 Cor. 4:6 immediately confer with flesh and
gospel contrary to what you have re- 6:12 blood,
Galatians 1 - 2
17. Nor did I go up to Jerusalem to 18 Acts 9:26 6. But the gospel that I preach did not
19 Mat. 13:55
those who were apostles before me; 1 Cor. 9:5 come from those reputed to be some-
but I went away into Arabia, and re- 20 Rom. 9:1
21 Acts 9:30
thing. (Whatever they were does not
turned again to Damascus. 22 Rom. 16:7 make any difference to me; God does
1 Thes. 2:14
18. Then after three years, I went up not accept the person of a man.) For
to Jerusalem to become acquainted Chap. 2 those who are of repute conferred
with Peter, and I remained with him 1 Acts 15:2 nothing upon me.
fifteen days. 2 Acts 15:12
7. But on the contrary, after seeing
19. But I did not see any of the other 1 Thes. 3:5 that I had been entrusted with the gos-
4 Acts 15:1
apostles, except James the brother of 2 Cor. 11:26 pel of the uncircumcision, exactly as
the Lord. Gal. 3:25,
Peter had been entrusted with the gos-
20. (Now the things that I am writing 5 Gal. 2:14 pel of the circumcision;
to you, behold, before God, I am not 8. (For He Who wrought in Peter for
lying.) the apostleship of the circumcision
21. Then I came into the regions of wrought in me also toward the Gen-
Syria and Cilicia. tiles;)
22. But I was unknown by face to the 9. And after recognizing the grace that
churches in Judea which are in was given to me, James and Cephas
Christ; and John—those reputed to be pil-
23. They only heard, “The one who lars—gave to me and Barnabas the
once persecuted us is now preaching right hands of fellowship, affirming
the gospel—the faith which he once that we should go to the Gentiles, and
destroyed.” they to the circumcision.
24. And they glorified God in me. 10. Their only request was that we
remember the poor, which very thing I
CHAPTER TWO was also diligent to do.
11. But when Peter came to Antioch, I
1. Then after fourteen years I again withstood him to his face because he
went up to Jerusalem with Barnabas, was to be condemned;
taking Titus with me also. 12. For before certain ones came from
6 Acts 10:34
2. And I went up according to revela- Rom. 2:11 James, he was eating with the Gen-
tion, and laid before them the gospel 2 Cor. 12:11
tiles. However, when they came, he
that I preach among the Gentiles, but 7 Acts 13:46 drew back and separated himself from
privately to those of repute, lest by 1 Thes. 2:4 the Gentiles, being afraid of those of
any means I should be running, or had 2 Tim. 1:11
8 Acts 9:15
the circumcision party.
run in vain. 1 Cor. 15:10 13. And the rest of the Jews joined
3. (But indeed, Titus, who was with Gal. 3:5 him in this hypocritical act, insomuch
9 Mat. 16:18
me, being a Greek, was not compelled Rom. 1:5 that even Barnabas was carried away
1 Cor. 15:10
to be circumcised.) Eph. 3:8 with their hypocrisy.
4. Now this meeting was private be- Rev. 21:14
10 Acts 11:30
14. But when I saw that they did not
cause of false brethren brought in se- Rom. 15:25 walk uprightly according to the truth
11 Acts 15:35
cretly, who came in by stealth to spy 12 Acts 10:28 of the gospel, I said to Peter in the
out our freedom which we have in 14 Acts 10:28
presence of them all, “If you, being a
Christ Jesus, in order that they might 1 Tim. 5:20 Jew, are living like the Gentiles, and
bring us into bondage; 15 Mat. 9:11
Acts 15:10 not according to Judaism, why do you
5. To whom we did not yield in sub- Eph. 2:3 compel the Gentiles to judaize?*
16 Psa. 143:2
jection, not even for one hour, so that Acts 13:38 15. We who are Jews by nature—and
the truth of the gospel might continue Rom. 1:17,
not sinners of the Gentiles—
with you. Gal. 3:24 16. Knowing that a man is not justi-
*In order to understand that the traditional laws of Judaism are not the commands of God given to Moses in the Pen-
tateuch, one needs to read: Code of Jewish Law—Ganzfried and Golden, Hebrew Publishing Company, 1993—ISBN
Galatians 2 - 3
fied by works of law*, but through the 17 1 John 3:8 6. It is exactly as it is written:
19 Rom. 6:11,
faith of Jesus Christ, we also have be- 14, 8:2 “Abraham believed God, and it was
lieved in Christ Jesus in order that we 2 Cor. 5:15
reckoned to him for righteousness.”
might be justified by the faith of 20 1 Pet. 4:2 7. Because of this, you should under-
Christ, and not by works of law; be- 2 Cor. 5:15 stand that those who are of faith are
cause by works of law shall no flesh Eph. 5:2
the true sons of Abraham.
be justified. 21 Rom. 11:6 8. Now in the Scriptures, God, seeing
17. Now then, if we are seeking to be Heb. 7:11 in advance that He would justify the
justified in Christ, and we ourselves Chap. 3 Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel
are found to be sinners, is Christ then 1 Gal. 2:14, beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In
the minister of sin? MAY IT NEVER 5:7
2 Acts 2:38
you shall all the nations be blessed.”
BE! Rom. 10:16 9. It is for this reason that those who
18. For if I build again those things Heb. 6:4 are of faith are being blessed with the
that I destroyed, I am making myself a 3 Gal. 4:9 believing Abraham.
transgressor. 4 2 John 8 10. For as many as are relying on
19. For I through law died to law, in Heb. 10:35 works of law* are under a curse, be-
order that I may live to God. cause it is written, “Cursed is every-
20. I have been crucified with Christ, one who does not continue in all
yet I live. Indeed, it is no longer I; but things that have been written in the
Christ lives in me. For the life that I book of the law to do them.”
am now living in the flesh, I live by 11. Therefore, it is evident that no one
faith—that very faith of the Son of is being justified before God by means
God, Who loved me and gave Himself of law; because it is written, “The just
for me. shall live by faith.”
21. I do not nullify the grace of God; 12. Now then, the law is not based on
for if righteousness is through works faith; but, “The man who practices
of law*, then Christ died in vain.” these things shall live in them.”
13. Christ has redeemed us from the
CHAPTER THREE curse of the law, having become a
curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed
1. O foolish Galatians, who has be- is everyone who hangs on a tree”)
witched you into not obeying the 6 Gen. 15:6
14. In order that the blessing of Abra-
truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ, Jas. 2:23 ham might come to the Gentiles by
Rom. 4:3, 9
crucified, was set forth in a written 7 John 8:39 Christ Jesus, and that we might re-
public proclamation? 8 Gen. 12:3
ceive the promise of the Spirit through
2. This only I desire to learn from Rom. 9:17 faith.
you: did you receive the Spirit of God 10 Deut. 27:26 15. Brethren (I am speaking from a
by works of law*, or by the hearing of 11 Hab. 2:4 human perspective), even when a
faith? Gal. 2:16 man’s covenant has been ratified, no
3. Are you so foolish? Having begun Heb. 10:38
12 Lev. 18:5
one nullifies it, or adds a codicil to
in the Spirit, are you now being per- Rom. 4:4, 5, it.
fected in the flesh? 13 Deut. 21:23 16. Now to Abraham and to his Seed
4. Have you suffered so many things Rom. 8:3
2 Cor. 5:21
were the promises spoken. He does
in vain, if indeed it has been in vain? 14 Is. 32:15 not say, “and to your seeds,” as of
5. Therefore consider this: He Who is Ezek. 11:19 many; but as of one, “and to your
supplying the Spirit to you, and Who Rom. 4:9 Seed,” which is Christ.
15 Heb. 9:17
is working deeds of power among 16 Gen. 12:3 17. Now this I say, that the covenant
you, is He doing it by works of law or 1 Cor. 12:12
17 Ex. 12:40
ratified beforehand by God to Christ
by the hearing of faith? Rom. 4:13 cannot be annulled by the law, which
*See Appendix N, “What Is Meant by the Works of the Law?” p. 831.
Galatians 3 - 4
was given four hundred and thirty 18 Rom. 4:14, CHAPTER FOUR
years later, so as to make the promise 19 Ex. 20:19
of no effect. John 1:17,
1. Now then, I say, for as long a time
18. For if the inheritance is by law, it Acts 7:53 as the heir is a child, he is no different
is no longer by promise. But God 20 Rom. 3:29 from a servant, although he be lord of
granted it to Abraham by promise. 22 Rom 4:11,
19. Why then the law? It was placed 24 Rom. 10:4 2. But he is under guardians and stew-
alongside the promises for the purpose Acts 13:39
26 John 1:12 ards until the time appointed before-
of defining transgressions, until the Rom. 8:14 hand by the father.
27 Rom. 6:3,
Seed should come to whom the prom- 10:12, 13:14 3. In the same way, when we were
ise was made, having been ordained 28 John 10:16
children, we were held in bondage
through angels in the hand of a media- 29 Gen. 21:10 under the elements of the world.
tor. Heb. 11:18 4. But when the time for the fulfillment
20. Now then, a mediator does not act came, God sent forth His own Son,
on behalf of one; but God is one.* born of a woman, born under law,
21. Is the law then contrary to the 5. In order that He might redeem those
promises of God? MAY IT NEVER who are under law, so that we might
BE! For if a law had been given that receive the gift of sonship from God.
had the power to give life, then right- 6. And because you are sons, God has
eousness would indeed have been by sent forth the Spirit of His Son into
law. your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father.”
22. But the Scriptures have shut up all 7. So then, you are no longer a ser-
things under sin, so that by the faith of vant, but a son. And if a son, you are
Jesus Christ the promise might be also an heir of God through Christ.
given to those who believe. 8. Now on the one hand, when you did
23. Now before faith came, we were not know God, you were in bondage
guarded under law, having been shut 3 Col. 2:8
to those who are not gods by nature.
up unto the faith that was yet to be 4 Gen. 3:15, 9. But on the other hand, after having
revealed. Is. 7:14 known God—rather, after having been
24. In this way, the law was our tutor Mat. 1:23,
known by God—how is it that you are
to lead us to Christ that we might be Mark 1:15 turning again to the weak and impo-
justified by faith. Luke 2:27 tent elements, to which you again de-
25. But since faith has come, we are Heb. 2:14 sire to be in bondage?
5 Mat. 20:28
no longer under a tutor John 1:12 10. You are of your own selves ob-
26. Because you are all sons of God Eph. 1:5
serving days, and months, and times
through faith in Christ Jesus. 6 Rom. 5:5 and years.
7 Rom. 8:16
27. For as many of you as were bap- 8 Rom. 1:25 11. I am afraid for you, lest somehow
tized into Christ did put on Christ. 1 Cor. 12:2
I have labored among you in vain.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek; 1 Thes. 1:9, 12. Brethren, I beseech you, be as I
there is neither bond nor free; there is 4:5 am, for I also am as you are: you have
9 1 Cor. 8:3
neither male nor female; for you are Col. 2:20 not wronged me in anything.
all one in Christ Jesus. 10 Rom. 14:5 13. Now you know that at first I
29. And if you are Christ’s, then you 11 1 Thes. 3:5
12 2 Cor. 2:5
preached the gospel to you in the
are Abraham’s seed, and heirs accord- 13 1 Cor. 2:3 weakness of the flesh;
14 Mal. 2:7
ing to the promise. Luke 10:16 14. And the temptation—namely, my
*The full meaning of Verse 20 is as follows: “Now then, a mediator does not act on behalf of one [that is, a mediator
negotiates terms between two parties]; but [in respect to the promise of grace] God is one [that is, God acted unilater-
ally when He made His covenant with Abraham].” In contrast, the covenant of law that He established with Israel was
ordained through angels in the hand of a mediator, Moses.
Galatians 4 - 5
trial in my flesh—you despised not, 17 Rom. 10:2 28. Now we, brethren, like Isaac, are
19 1 Cor. 4:15
nor rejected with contempt; rather, 22 Gen. 16:15, the children of promise.
you received me as a messenger of 21:2
23 Rom. 9:7, 8
29. But as it was then, so also it is
God, even as Christ Jesus Himself. Heb. 11:11 now: he who was born according to
24 Deut. 33:2
15. What then was your blessedness? 26 Is. 2:2 the flesh persecuted him who was
For I bear you witness that, if it were 27 Is. 54:1 born according to the Spirit.
possible, you would have plucked out 30. Nevertheless, what does the scrip-
your eyes and given them to me. ture say? “Cast out the maidservant
16. Now then, in speaking the truth to and her son; for in no way shall the son
you, have I become your enemy? of the maidservant inherit the promise
17. They are zealous after you, but not with the son of the free woman.”
for good; rather, they desire to ex- 31. So then, brethren, we are not chil-
clude you, in order that you may be dren of the maidservant, but of the
zealous after them. free woman.
18. Now it is right to be zealous in a
right thing at all times, and not only CHAPTER FIVE
when I am present with you.
19. My little children, for whom I am 1. Therefore, stand fast in the liberty
again laboring in pain until Christ has wherewith Christ has made us free,
been formed in you, and do not be held again in a yoke of
20. I desire to be with you now, and to bondage.
change my voice, because I am at a 2. Behold, I, Paul, tell you that if you
loss concerning you. become circumcised, Christ shall
21. Tell me, you who desire to be un- profit you nothing!
der law, do you not hear the law? 3. Again, I am personally testifying to
22. For it is written that Abraham had every man who is being circumcised
two sons: one by the maidservant, and that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
one by the free woman. 4. You who are attempting to be justi-
23. Now on the one hand, he who came fied by works of law*, you are being
from the maidservant was born accord- deprived of any spiritual effect from
ing to the flesh; but on the other hand, Christ. You have fallen from grace!
he who came from the free woman was 28 Acts 3:25
29 Gen. 21:9
5. For we through the Spirit are waiting
born according to the promise; Gal. 5:11 for the hope of righteousness by faith;
30 Gen. 21:10
24. Which things are allegorical, be- John 8:35 6. Because in Christ Jesus neither is
cause these are the two covenants. The Gal. 3:8, 22
31 John 8:36
circumcision of any force, nor uncir-
one from Mount Sinai, which is Ha- cumcison; rather, it is the inner work-
gar, is engendering bondage; Chap. 5
ing of faith through love.
25. Because Hagar is Mount Sinai in 1 Acts 15:10 7. You were running well. Who hin-
Arabia, and corresponds to the present 2 Acts 15:1 dered you, persuading you not to obey
Jerusalem; and she is in bondage with 3 Gal. 3:10
4 Rom. 9:31
her children. Heb. 12:15 8. This persuasion is not coming from
5 Rom. 8:24
26. But the Jerusalem above is free, 6 Col. 3:11 Him who calls you.
which is the mother of us all; 1 Thes. 1:3
7 1 Cor. 9:24
9. A little leaven leavens the whole
27. For it is written, “Rejoice, O bar- Gal. 3:1 lump.
ren who did not bear! Break forth and 8 Gal. 1:6 10. I am persuaded concerning you in
9 1 Cor. 5:6
cry, you who were not travailing, be- 10 2 Cor. 2:3, the Lord that you will be otherwise
cause many more are the children of Gal. 1:7 minded; and he who troubles you shall
the desolate than of her who has the 11 1 Cor. 1:23,
bear the judgment, whoever he may be.
husband.” Gal. 6:12 11. But I, brethren, if I still proclaim
*See Appendix N, “What Is Meant by the Works of the Law?” p. 831.
Galatians 5 - 6
circumcision, why am I yet being per- 12 Josh. 7:25 also be walking by the Spirit.
Acts 15:1, 2
secuted? Then the offense of the 13 1 Pet. 2:16 26. We should not become vain-
cross has been taken away. 1 Cor. 8:9,
glorious, provoking one another and
12. I would that they would even 14 Mat. 7:12, envying one another.
make themselves eunuchs—those who Jas. 2:8
are throwing you into confusion. 16 1 Pet. 2:11
13. For you have been called unto 17 Rom. 7:15,
freedom, brethren; only do not use 23
18 Rom. 6:14 1. Brethren, even if a man be over-
this freedom for an occasion to the 19 Eph. 5:3 taken in some offense, you who are
21 1 Cor. 6:9
flesh; rather, serve one another with 22 John 15:2 spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit
love. Rom. 15:14
1 Cor. 13:7
of meekness, considering yourself,
14. For the whole law is fulfilled in Eph. 5:9 lest you also be tempted.
this commandment: “You shall love 23 1 Tim. 1:9 2. Bear one another’s burdens, and so
your neighbor as yourself.” 24 1 Pet. 2:11 fulfill the law of Christ.
15. But if you bite and devour one an- 25 Rom. 8:4, 5 3. For if anyone thinks himself to be
other, watch out lest you be consumed something, when he is nothing, he is
by one another. deceiving himself.
16. Now this I say, walk by the Spirit, 4. But let each one prove his own
and you will not fulfill the lust of the work, and then he will have rejoicing
flesh. in himself alone, and not in another;
17. For the flesh lusts against the 5. For each one shall bear his own
Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; burden.
and these things are opposed to each 6. Let the one who is being taught in
other, so that you cannot do those the Word share all his good things
things you wish to do. with the one who is teaching him.
18. But if you are led by the Spirit, 7. Do not be deceived. God is not
you are not under law. mocked; for whatever a man sows,
19. Now the works of the flesh are that shall he also reap.
manifest, which are these: adultery, 8. For the one who sows to his own
fornication, uncleanness, licentious- 26 Phil. 2:3 flesh shall reap corruption from the
ness, Chap. 6 flesh. But the one who sows to the
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, 1 Rom. 14:1
Spirit shall reap eternal life from the
jealousies, indignations, contentions, 1 Cor. 2:15, Spirit.
divisions, sects, 2 Jas. 2:8 9. Now we should not lose heart in
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, Rom. 15:1 doing well because we who do not
1 Thes. 5:14
revelings, and such things as these; 3 Rom. 12:3 faint will reap in due time.
concerning which I am telling you 1 Cor. 8:2
2 Cor. 3:5
10. So then, as we have opportunity,
beforehand, even as I have also said in 4 Luke 18:11 we should do good to all, and espe-
1 Cor. 11:28
the past, that those who do such things 5 Rom. 2:6 cially to those who are of the house-
shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor. 3:8
6 1 Cor. 9:11
hold of faith.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, 7 Job 13:9 11. See with what large letters I have
joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, Rom. 2:6 written to you with my own hand.
1 Cor. 6:9
goodness, faith, 2 Cor. 9:6 12. As many as desire to make a good
8 Job 4:8
23. Meekness, self-control; against 9 Mat. 24:13 impression in the flesh, these are the
such things there is no law. 1 Cor. 15:58
ones who compel you to be circum-
24. But those who are Christ’s have 10 John 9:4 cised, and only in order that they may
crucified the flesh with its passions Tit. 3:8 not be persecuted for the cross of
and lusts. 12 Gal. 2:3, 14,
25. If we live by the Spirit, we should Phil. 3:18 13. For those who are circumcised, nei-
ther do they keep the law themselves, 14 Rom. 6:6 tion that avails.
Phil. 3:3, 7
but they want you to be circumcised in 15 1 Cor. 7:19 16. And as many as walk according to
order that they may boast in your flesh. 2 Cor. 5:17 this rule, peace and mercy be upon
14. But as for me, MAY IT NEVER them, and upon the Israel of God.
BE that I boast, except in the cross of 17. From this time forth, let no one
our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom trouble me, for I bear the brands of the
the world has been crucified to me, Lord Jesus in my own body.
and I to the world. 18. Brethren, may the grace of our Lord
16 Psa. 125:5
15. For in Christ Jesus neither circum- Rom. 2:29 Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
cision nor uncircumcision is of any Phil. 3:16
17 2 Cor. 1:5
spiritual force; rather, it is a new crea- 18 2 Tim. 4:22 To the Galatians, written from Rome*
* The notation at the end of Galatians indicating that Paul wrote this epistle from Rome conflicts with the chronologi-
cal evidence as found in Appendix Q, pages 846 through 849. Therefore, the notation at the end of this epistle desig-
nating Rome as the city of origin, which was a later addition to the Greek text, is apparently incorrect. All the evidence
points to the fact that Paul wrote Galatians from the city of Antioch in 53 AD.
The Epistle of Paul to the
1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by Chap. 1 through His blood, even the remission of
the will of God, to the saints who are 1 Rom. 1:7 sins, according to the riches of His grace,
in Ephesus and to the faithful in Christ 1 Cor. 4:17
2 Cor. 1:1
8. Which He has made to abound to-
Jesus: 2 Gal. 1:3 ward us in all wisdom and intelligence;
3 2 Cor. 1:3
2. Grace and peace be to you from God 4 Luke 1:75 9. Having made known to us the mys-
our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Pet. 1:2
tery of His own will, according to His
3. Blessed be the God and Father of 5 John 1:12 good pleasure, which He purposed in
our Lord Jesus Christ, Who has Rom. 8:29
1 Cor. 1:21 Himself;
blessed us with every spiritual bless- 6 Mat. 3:17 10. That in the divine plan for the ful-
ing in the heavenly things with Christ; 7 Rom. 3:24 filling of the times, He might bring all
4. According as He has personally cho- Heb. 9:12 things together in Christ, both the
sen us for Himself before the foundation things in the heavens and the things
of the world in order that we might be upon the earth;
holy and blameless before Him in love; 11. Yes, in Him, in Whom we also
5. Having predestinated us for sonship have obtained an inheritance, having
to Himself through Jesus Christ, ac- been predestinated according to His
9 Rom. 16:25
cording to the good pleasure of His 2 Tim. 1:9 purpose, Who is working out all
own will, 10 1 Cor. 3:22
things according to the counsel of His
6. To the praise of the glory of His Col. 1:20 own will;
11 Is. 46:10
grace, wherein He has made us ob- Rom. 8:17 12. That we might be to the praise of
jects of His grace in the Beloved Son; Eph. 1:5
12 Jas. 1:18
His glory, who first trusted in the
7. In Whom we have redemption 2 Thes. 2:13 Christ;