The focus skill in the story “Dinosaurs Travel: A Guide for
Families on the Go” is to teach kids to use headings to tell what a
page or paragraph is about.
To practice this skill, pair the children and let each pair choose
one of the following dinosaurs to research:
Go to the following website, then scroll down and click on
Dinosaur Information Pages.
Have the kids click on the letter that their dinosaur name begins
with and use the headings to help them find the information
needed on the worksheet below. The pair looks for the answer
together and each child records that answer. Show them how to
highlight the information that they need to copy by clicking and
dragging across it so it is easy to find as they copy.
Student Name: _______________________
Dinosaur Name: _______________________
1. How long was the dinosaur (in feet)?
2. How tall was the dinosaur (in feet)?
3. How much did the dinosaur weigh?
4. What did the dinosaur eat?
5. How intelligent was the dinosaur?
6. How did the dinosaur move (2 or 4 legs, speed)?
7. What period did the dinosaur live in?