Citrix Web Client Installation and Virtual PIN 2000 Access
Category: V-CCWS Servers
Updated by: Charlie Berry/mcis/mc/Duke
Last Updated: 05/13/ 2003 09:42:53 AM
Due to upgrades in the infrastructure for Metaframe/Winframe servers it will be necessary to reconfigure computers
to access the new Virtual PIN (CCW S) environment running Windows 2000. This method uses the Citrix NFuse
product which provides a secure gateway for use by computers in and outside the Duke intranet.
There are 4 sections to this document:
1. Virtual PIN 2000 Web Client Installation - installing the Citrix client for access to Virtual PIN 2000.
2. Virtual PIN 2000 Access - how to access the Virtual PIN desktop once the client is installed.
3. ICA Client File Security Dialogue Box - how to respond to the ICA security prompt.
4. Error message - "ICA File Not Found"
Virtual PIN 2000 Web Client Installation
The recommended method for work stations that are not locked down is to install the Cit rix web client and access
the PIN servers via the web address VIRTUA LPIN.DUHS.DUKE.EDU. These instructions are written fro m
installation on Windows 2000, there may be d ifferences for other environ ments.
1. Go to VIRTUA LPIN.DUHS.DUKE.EDU using Microsoft Internet Exp lorer Version 5.5 o r greater and the page
below should be displayed.
2. Click on the lin k "Citrix ICA Web Client for 32-b it Windows
3. At the following pro mpt click Open to run the install program over the network or Save to save the file on the
local co mputer fo r later use.
4. Click Yes to proceed with the installation.
5. Click Yes to continue the installation.
6. Click Yes to finish the installation.
Virtual PIN 2000 Access
After installing the client and restarting Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Enter " VIRTUA LPIN.DUHS.DUKE.EDU" in the address bar to go to the site.
2. Enter your PIN userid and password and CCWS for the Do main and click "Log In" or press Enter to log in to the
Citrix NFuse environment.
3. Click on the "VirtualPIN Desktop" shortcut to access the Virtual PIN 2000 environment. The Citrix client w ill automatically log you
in to the environment.
The preferred method for exiting the Virtual PIN 2000 environment is to log off as you would on a standard PIN station.
ICA Client File Security Dialogue Box
When accessing a Citrix server or published application the user may receiv e the ICA Client File Security dialogue box show below.
This prompt allows the user to specif y what kind of access they w ill have to drives on the client computer from their Citrix session.
For example, if a user is accessing Virtual PIN 2000 from their home machine this would determine whether they could save a f ile to
their home computer from their Virtual PIN session.
Error message "ICA file not found"
Some users have reported receiving an error message "ICA file not found" when attempting to connect to
There are 2 possible causes for this:
Internet Explorer is configured to not save enc rypted pages to disk.
Carry out the following 2 steps:
1. In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab. Scroll down to the
Security section and uncheck the option called Do Not Save encrypted pages to disk.
2. Clear your browser cache. Select Tools > Internet Options > General Tab. In the temporary
internet files section, click the Delete Files button.
The C: drive is very near capacity