Homework 1 Data Representation
Complete in your Homework Jotter
Hand in Homework Wednesday 1st September
1. Convert the following numbers to binary
2. Convert the following binary to decimal
(a) 1001 0111
(b) 1110 0110
3. Why do Computer Systems use the Binary to represent storage
4. Ian scans a black and white photograph that is 800 by 600 pixels.
Calculate the file size of the scanned image. Show all working and
express your answer in appropriate units
5. Harry has a black and white image that is 2 inches by 4 inches with a
Resolution of 600dpi. Calculate the file size of the image. Show all
working and express your answer in appropriate units
6. What is the name of the coding system that is used to represent text
inside a computer system?
7. How are non whole numbers represented in a Computer System?