You followed a plan to
reach your life’s dreams!
THE FINANCIAL PYRAMID
provides a conceptual framework Speculation:
Build wealth and
to help you envision the steps increase income with
needed to take to reach your investments in stocks,
financial goals. bonds, mutual funds
You need a strong Long-Term Goals and Growth:
‘support structure’ to • Save for retirement through your
manage risk and prepare employer, bank products, mutual funds
• Save for college and continuing
for emergencies before YOU can create
education costs for you or your children
progressing up the • Save for a vacation, second home or a road map for your
pyramid to invest in other long-term dream financial success!
your short-term • Meet with a financial advisor
and long-tern Short-Term Goals and Income:
financial goals. • Save for personal property: a house or a car
• Determine the cost of your goal, how much you can save monthly, and
how many months you need to save
• A money market account or certificates of deposit (CDs) are excellent
ways to save — you earn a higher rate of interest with no risk of losing
principle because they are FDIC insured
Manage Risk: Meet with your Citizens State Banker for ideas and financial tools
• Determine total cost of monthly bills and expenses – Readjust expenses to fit your income!
• Create a budget based on your income — Stick to it! Live within your means!
• Open a checking account to manage your cash and monitor expenses
• Start a savings account and establish an ‘emergency fund’
o Save at least 3 to 6 months of living expenses to plan for a possible emergency
• Obtain health insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance, term life insurance through your employer or an
Securities offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC., Member FINRA/SIPC.