ICA Announces New Chair of ICA, Peter Shier and New Executive
Committee and Board of Directors
(TORONTO, November 3, 2004): ICA elected a new Chair, Executive Committee and Board of
Directors for 2004/2005 at its Annual General Meeting on November 3, 2004 in Toronto.
ICA welcomes its new Chair, Peter Shier, President of FCB Toronto, and welcomes Chris
Jordan as Vice-Chair to the Executive Committee and Arthur Fleischmann as a Director of the
ICA also welcomes the following new Board members: Robert Clarkson, Carlson Marketing
Group Canada Inc., Chris Keevill, Corporate Communications Limited, and David Moore, Leo
Burnett Company Ltd.
ICA would also like to thank the following for their commitment and contributions to ICA’s Board
of Directors as they step down from the Board: Rick Emberley, Bristol Group; Gerry Frascione,
BBDO, and Heather Fraser.
The following is the new slate for ICA for 2004/2005:
Board of Directors
• Jay Bertram, TBWA
• Rupert Brendon,* ICA
• Dom Caruso, Cossette Communication Group Inc.
• Jacques Chalifour, ARMADA Inc.
• Bruce Claassen, Genesis Media Inc.
• Robert Clarkson, Carlson Marketing Group Canada Inc.
• John Clinton, Grey Worldwide
• Arlene Dickinson, Venture Communications
• Jacques Duval,* Marketel
• Arthur Fleischmann,* john st
• Gary Hendrick, Hendrick & Associates Marketing Services
• Peter Jeffery, GJP Advertising
• Chris Jordan,* Young & Rubicam Group of Companies
• Chris Keevill, Corporate Communications Limited
• Paul LeBlanc, Extreme Communications
• Andy Macaulay,* ZiG
• David Moore, Leo Burnett Company Ltd
• Peter Shier,* FCB Toronto
• Alison Simpson, Enterprise Creative Selling
• Rob Whittle, DDB Canada
Executive Committee Members/Officers*
• Chair - Peter Shier
• Immediate Past Chair - Jacques Duval
• President - Rupert Brendon
• Vice-Chair/Treasurer - Andy Macaulay
• Vice-Chair - Chris Jordan
• Secretary - Paula Rose (ICA's VP Finance)
• Director - Arthur Fleischmann
The Institute of Communications and Advertising (www.ica-ad.com), founded in 1905,
represents Canada's communications and advertising agencies. ICA's member agencies and
subsidiaries account for over 90% of all national advertising in Canada. ICA promotes higher
standards and best practices, and serves as the largest source of information, advice and
training for Canada's communication and advertising industry, whose economic impact is worth
$14.5 billion annually.
For more information, please contact: Jani Yates, Executive Vice President, ICA at
(416) 482-1396, Ext 230.