Type 1 options
While watching the movie, you will write 3 type 1s, one after each viewing session. For each
type 1, you should choose from the following list. You still need to provide at least one page,
skipping lines for each response. We will use these responses for a class discussion at the end of
the movie. You will hand in these types 1s with the rest at the end of the semester.
• What similarities do you see between the movie and Night? What are some differences?
(Don’t waste time on the obvious; go for meaningful similarities and differences.
• Comment on how the cinematography enhances the themes or messages of the movie.
• Choose one of the characters from the movie and explain what you think of his/her actions
• Can one individual change the world today, against all odds? Explain using examples from
the movie, book, or personal experience.
• Why is it important for our future to remember this movie?
• Is it possible for people to completely change their ways? Explain using examples from the
movie, book, or personal experience.
• How is Schindler’s idea of capitalizing on the misfortune of the Jews similar to situations in
• Share you thoughts on any other aspect of the movie that stands out to you.