123 Elm Street, Miami, FL 33183, 305-555-5555, email@example.com
INNOVATIVE TEXTILE DESIGN
ABC PRINTMAKER – Manager, Textile Design, Miami, FL 20xx-20xx
Supervised design direction and sourcing for various clients, including Neiman’s catalogue, Talbots, Garnet
Hill catalogue, Sundance catalogue, and Coldwater Creek. Produced sketches for client review and
approval as well as print or novelty colorations. Sketched from store-bought or vintage garments. Interacted
with product development teams and merchants to review business; assisted with designing new products.
Traveled to PV and Texworld twice yearly; shopped stores in Paris, London, and Milan.
• Suggested improvements to cataloguing existing artwork, which saved the company $4,000 per
season. Recommended additional shopping in New York to save money on samples.
• Interpreted vintage and store-bought garments to capture styles while maintaining pricing
parameters. Leveraged in-depth knowledge of garment construction to make effective decisions.
• Reduced purchasing expenses by approximately 20% through sketching from sight instead of
purchasing garments in stores. Developed a number of styles that became best sellers and were re-
orders for multiple seasons.
• Diversified the product offering in a highly competitive market; opened new sourcing avenues for
novelties. Initiated the effort to obtain yarn-dye novelty pant and skirt orders, resulting in an
11,000-piece order from Talbots.
• Reorganized a comprehensive print library to utilize existing prints as well as new prints from
studios, saving $600 per print.
• Sourced and collaborated with the design director for the open print line to add yarn-dye and
jacquard novelties to the line, resulting in new business for the collection.
BCD TEXTILES – Textile Designer, Miami, FL 20xx-20xx
Presented sketches and fabric selections to clients, including Dayton Hudson, Nordstrom’s, and Dillard’s,
among others. Sourced fabric market for new novelties; produced seasonal trend boards. Shopped Paris,
London, and Milan. Attended PV.
• Increased the company’s fabric sourcing base by approximately 75%; added additional mills in
Europe and Asia to the vendor matrix.
• Partnered with the private label design director of Dillard’s in Little Rock, AR, to produce trend
boards, increasing business with the client by 15%.
CDE APPAREL – Designer / Fabric Researcher (20xx-20xx)
DEF FASHION – Fabric Researcher (20xx-20xx)
EFG AND COMPANY – Assistant Designer (20xx-20xx)
FGH CLOTHIER – Assistant Designer (20xx-20xx)
EDUCATION / AFFILIATIONS
Associate of Applied Science, FASHION INSTITUTE OF ART, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Art, PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA