SPECIAL RULES FOR DUCK SOUP SOFTBALL
1. Some games will be played utilizing 4 bases.
2. Games will only be 6 innings. 10 players (5 men, 5 women) will
comprise a team, or a forfeit will be called. Teams may utilize 12
players (6 men & 6 women). Game time is forfeit time.
3. The visiting team is spotted ½ a run so there are no extra inning
4. Each time the last batter in the lineup crosses home plate, he
scores three runs as long as he is wearing the orange cap.
5. Last person out (except the pitcher) in each inning catches the
next inning. The pitchers replacement as catcher will be the
person making the last out for the previous at bat.
6. Each team is allowed one home run hitter. All others are an out.
7. Each team is allowed ONE OFFENSIVE OR ONE DEFENSIVE
“DO - OVER” per game.
8. Hit your own balls – 11” for women; 12” .44 core for men.
Stamped .44 core must be legible on the ball.
9. Home team keeps official scorebook.
1-hour time limit or 10 runs after 5 innings will constitute a game.
10. 1st INNING: 1 PITCH ONLY – NO FOUL BALLS.
11. 2nd INNING: ALL BATTERS HIT OPPOSITE HANDED.
12. 3rd INNING: BASES ARE RUN IN REVERSE ORDER.
13. 4th INNING: 16” REGULAR SOFTBALL PROVIDED – 1
BALL AND 1 STRIKE ON EACH BATTER.
14. 5th INNING: POSITIONS ARE PICKED, WITH THE
EXCEPTION OF THE PITCHER AND THE CATCHER.
15. 6th INNING: EACH TEAMS GETS 4 OUTS.