“This Web Quest is for the Birds”
Directions: Put your answers in bold and underline or highlight in a
light color. Don’t forget to type your name. If this prints on 2
pages, staple them together and put it in the blue box.
1. Give one interesting fact about the frigate bird:
2. Our national bird is the:
3. Our state bird is the:
4. Ben Franklin did not want the bald eagle as our national bird. “He
is a bird of bad moral character; he does not get his living honestly. I
have seen him perched on a dead tree, where, too lazy to fish, he
watches the fishing hawk and steals what that diligent bird has
caught”. What bird did Franklin want?
5. Name 2 birds that are “endangered”:
6. Name 2 birds that are “Extinct”:
7. Name the largest living bird:
8. Name the smallest living bird:
9. Name a bird that does not fly:
10. What bird flies the farthest between its winter and summer
11. A wingspan of 7 feet is the same as _________centimeters.
(Google: “feet to centimeter calculator” for exact measurement)