EMA Payment Appeal Form
Fill in your details below and hand this form to your e2e provider
Name: e2e Provider:
Appeal against the non payment of:
Reason given for non payment: Why are you appealing?
Learner Signature: Date:
Lerning provider use:
Date appeal form received:
Date investigation feedback given to learner:
Result from investigation:
Payment decision to remain DO NOT PAY ( √ )
Payment decision to be changed to PAY (please forward this form to the lead body) ( √ )
Payment still in dispute - hearing required (please forward this form to the lead body) ( √ )
We are in agreement that the above result from this appeal is correct:
Learner signature: Learning provider signature:
Date of hearing: Both parties informed of date ( √ )
Learner case: Learning provider case:
Decision made by Aspire-i:
Final result of appeal:
Payment decision to remain DO NOT PAY ( √ ) For office use: ( √ )
Payment decisions to be changed to PAY ( √ ) Copy of appeal retained by
Lead body signature: Copy of appeal retained by
Date: laps updated
EMA Payments Appeals Procedure
1. Inform the learner of the appeals system at registration/induction
2. Learner and learning provider to agree the payment conditions through the EMA
contract and weekly timesheet.
3. If a ‘do not pay’ decision is made or a bonus is not being paid the learning
provider must inform the learner that no payment will be made and state why.
4. Should the learner disagree with a decision then they have a right to appeal
against it. An EMA Payment Appeal Form should be requested from the relevant
5. The EMA Payment Appeal Form should be completed by the learner stating
their reasons for appeal and submitted to the learning provider.
6. Upon receipt of an EMA Payment Appeal Form the learning provider must
investigate the payment in question and give a full evidence based explanation
to the learner who has made the appeal within 5 working days of receiving the form.
7. Is it expected that the investigation should result in the payment decision
remaining the same or require changing. Complete the learning provider
investigation summary section on the EMA Payment Appeal form. Both the
learning provider and learner must sign to agree the result. Retain this document
for audit purposes.
8. If the payment decision has been changed, inform the lead body through the
Notification of Payment Form and attach a copy of the EMA Payment Appeal Form.
9. Should the investigation and feedback result in a continued dispute between
the learning provider and the learner, the EMA Payment Appeal Form should be
forwarded to the lead body who will arrange a hearing. The learner may invite an
adviser to the hearing to help them present their case.
10. At the hearing the learner and the learning provider will have the chance to
present their cases, after which the lead body will take both into consideration and
make a decision. This appeal decisions is final.
11. The hearing will be summarised on the EMA Payment Appeal Form and a
copy will be retained by both the lead body and the learning provider.
s through the EMA
ight to appeal
dy through the
the chance to
al Form and a