Vice President Sales
Destination: Greenville, South Carolina www.greenvillecvb.com
Greenville provides the perfect mix of affordability, amenities, culture and convenience. Set
among the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the northwest corner of South Carolina,
Greenville is conveniently located between Atlanta and Charlotte along Interstate 85. With
400,000 square feet of exhibit and meeting space at the Carolina First Center along with a
variety of unique facilities for conventions, meetings, conferences and seminars, Greenville
offers an array of impressive venues. Greenville is home to more than 8,000 hotel rooms, from
a variety of national chains to select-service hotels, each offering relaxing spaces and an array of
amenities. Greenville is the South’s best kept secret!
Responsible for strategic planning and aggressive implementation to meet multi-tiered sales
goals in booking seminars, meetings and conventions in Greenville, South Carolina.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s convention &
meeting sales. Establish booking goals for sales effort and systems to monitor all sales
• Match the destination assets and strengths to potential clients who have the meeting profile
to meet in Greenville. A high priority will be placed on multi-hotel business, and an even
higher priority on those who hold their meetings in “off-peak” times.
• Establish and direct all sales related personnel with routine oversight on actions, activities,
and goal achievement.
• Manage lead distribution, bookings, site visits, presentations and proposals.
• Identify and provide input on sales support tools.
• Develop an annual sales plan and budget; manage the convention sales budget.
• Maintain statistical data pertaining to conventions booked, held, and lost.
• Personally handle an identified set of sales clients, and be accountable as a part of team sales
• Direct research assistant and administrative assistant in prioritizing and efficient work flow.
• Communicate regularly and routinely to the President. Provide a monthly executive report
detailing activity and success.
• Maintain close working relations with area hotels, meeting facilities, major attractions;
conduct regular meetings with hotel director of sales and/or general managers.
• Develop cooperative programs, familiarization trips and sales missions with the local
• Report routinely at board meetings on sales performance.
• Serve as spokesperson regarding convention inquiries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Possess compelling leadership qualities.
• Adept at team leadership and mentoring skills.
• Exceptional tactical sales skills with the ability to close business.
• Thorough understanding of the convention and trade show group market; strong sales
• Ability to perform strategically and creatively in securing business.
• Ability to develop very strong customer relations.
• Proven track record of results; motivation abilities; excellent communication and
• Personable, but demanding.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• A four year college degree in a relevant field of study is required.
• Minimum of ten years in the hospitality industry, with at least five years of senior level sales
• Able and willing to routinely travel.
• Proven success with major hotel or destination.
• Experience in selling hotel or multi-hotel package of 2,000 rooms or more.
• Experience with selling a convention center and arena.
Recent sales goals & performance (last five years)
Cite Specific Staff management experience
Provide Short written description describing your sales leadership
Email to: email@example.com
No phone calls please, submit requested information and any questions via email only