SAP and International Paper
• International Paper has significant global businesses in
paper and paper distribution, packaging and forest
products, including building materials.
• The company has operations in nearly 40 countries,
employs approximately 83,000 people worldwide and
exports its products to more than 120 nations.
• Sales of almost $25 billion annually are derived from
businesses located primarily in the United States,
Europe, Latin America, Asia/Pacific and Canada.
• SAP delivers the assistance you need to optimize the
performance of your software and manage your
business processes more effectively. You can adapt
existing solutions to changing market and business
requirements, and take advantage of the new
innovations that will make your business more
Problems with SAP
1. Work instructions are not clear
2. Currently, EEO information has to be
tracked on a separate system as SAP does
not provide necessary information for EEO
3. Work Instruction are too lengthy. It can take
up to 20 minutes to "hire" a new employee
into the SAP system.
Solutions for SAP
• Employees could survey and find answers
to make it more clear.
• Have the employees make new and easier
instructions so it’s more understandable.
• They could find a middleware to connect
the information from the EEO’s and SAP.