‘National Policy Statements for Nuclear Power’ to Drive the Growth of Nuclear Industry in the UK
The National Policy Statement for nuclear power generation is set to drive the growth and change the future course of the UK’s nuclear industry. The policy recommends that 40% of the country’s nuclear generating capacity should come from low carbon sources whilst 30% should be from renewables by 2020. Since nuclear power enjoys a benefit of low carbon emissions, it will play a significant role in the country’s energy mix in the future. The UK’s previous policy stated that all the existing nuclear power plants will be decommissioned with no firm plans for new-build. However, the new National Policy Statements released in November 2009, has set a strong support for the development of nuclear industry in the UK. Following this, nuclear companies are now actively participating in the country’s nuclear industry by evaluating the appropriate reactor technologies and developing strategies for the new-build program.
- The study talks about the UK’s recently announced National Policy Statements and its impact on the nation’s nuclear industry.
- It provides information on the key highlights of this national plan.
- It also discusses briefly about the UK nuclear market’s historic and planned new capacity, highlighting the nation’s planned new capacity addition from 2017 to 2025.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the nuclear energy industry.
- Gain a strong understanding of the nuclear energy market and analyze the major trends in the global nuclear energy industry today
- Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the nuclear energy industry
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events