Surging Corn Prices Hit Ethanol Profits in the US
Global ethanol production has grown steadily over the last decade. Since the first commercial use of ethanol for transport purposes, its growth has been driven by concerns regarding global climate changes, energy supply security and the development of rural areas. Worldwide ethanol production totals around 59.5 billion liters as of 2007. The major countries involved in ethanol production worldwide include the US, Brazil and China, all of which put together account for about 78% of the world’s total ethanol production.
• GlobalData viewpoints cover the latest events or important trends in the alternative energy industry and provide our in-depth analysis of issues and challenges. Viewpoints offer expert opinions and GlobalData’s views of various developments that have been taking place in the alternative energy industry across the world.
Reasons to Buy
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the alternative energy industry.
• Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global alternative energy industry today
• Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the alternative energy industry
• Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
Surging Corn Prices Hit Ethanol Profits in the US Reference Code: GDAE0016VPT Publication Date: SEP 2008 Alternative Energy Viewpoint GDAE0016VPT/ Published SEP 2008 © GlobalData: This brief is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Page 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 2 1.1 List of Figures 4 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 5 2.1 Summary 5 3 Surging Corn Prices Hit Ethanol Profits in the US 6 3.1 Introduction 6 3.2 Ethanol Industry in the US 7 3.3 Implications of the Surging Corn Prices on Ethanol Producers 7 3.4 Conclusion 9 4 Recent Developments 10 4.1 Aug 05, 2008: AE Biofuels To Open Cellulosic Ethanol Demonstration Plant In US 10 4.2 Jul 24, 2008: BlueFire Receives CUP From Department Of Regional Planning To Construct Ethanol Facility 10 4.3 Jul 15, 2008: Patriot Plans To Start New Ethanol Plant In Annawan 11 4.4 Mar 29, 2008: Ethanex Files For Bankruptcy 11 4.5 Feb 12, 2008: Colusa Biomass Focuses To Complete Its Cellulosic Ethanol Technology 11 4.6
Pages to are hidden for
"Surging Corn Prices Hit Ethanol Profits in the US"Please download to view full document