Russia, Iran and Qatar Plan to Form Global Natural Gas CartelProspects and Challenges
On the lines of OPEC, a global organization of oil producing countries, Russia, Iran and Qatar, which possess 55% of global, proved natural gas reserves, have announced their plan to form an organization of major gas producing countries worldwide. In Tehran, representatives of the Russian natural-gas monopoly Gazprom met with counterparts from Iran and Qatar on October 21, 2008 and agreed to create "a big gas troika." The plan may be finalized on November 18, 2008 when Russia hosts a forum of gas-exporting countries in Moscow. This forum may witness addition of new members like Algeria, Indonesia, Libya, and Venezuela. Once formed, the member countries will meet once in every quarter to discuss pricing and supplies of natural gas.
• GlobalData viewpoints cover the latest events or important trends in the global oil and gas industry and provide our in-depth analysis of issues and challenges. Viewpoints offer expert opinions and GlobalData’s views of various developments that have been taking place in the oil and gas industry across the world.
Reasons to Buy
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the oil and gas industry.
• Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global oil and gas industry today
• Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the oil and gas industry
• Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
Russia, Iran and Qatar Plan to Form Global Natural Gas Cartel: Prospects and Challenges Reference Code: GDGE0587VPT Publication Date: DEC 2008 Energy Viewpoint GDGE0587VPT / Published DEC 2008 © GlobalData. This brief is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Page 1 Table of Contents 1 Table Of Contents 1 Table Of Contents 2 1.1 List of Figures 3 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 4 2.1 Summary 4 3 Russia, Iran and Qatar Plan to Form Global Natural Gas Cartel: Prospects and Challenges 5 3.1 Formation of the Gas Troika: Prospects for Russia, Iran and Qatar 6 3.2 The Gas Cartel’s Challenges 6 3.3 Conclusion 7 4 Recent Developments 8 4.1 Nov 12, 2008: Russia, Qatar, Iran To Set Up Gas Venture 8 4.2 Nov 10, 2008: Iran, Russia And Qatar To Discuss Gas Cooperation 9 4.3 Oct 21, 2008: Iran, Russia And Qatar Discuss OPEC-Style Cartel Of Gas Exporting Countries 9 5 Appendix 10 5.1
Pages to are hidden for
"Russia, Iran and Qatar Plan to Form Global Natural Gas CartelProspects and Challenges - PDF"Please download to view full document