Bid to Acquire Constellation Energy Indicates EDF’s expansion strategy
Electricite de France S.A. (EDF) is a French state – owned integrated energy company involved in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and supply of natural gas. EDF operates principally in France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Italy. The nuclear operations of the company include 58 commercially operable reactors with a total installed capacity of 62,830 MW. The company’s nuclear power source accounts to about 71.18% of the nuclear power generation globally.
• GlobalData viewpoints cover the latest key events or important developments in the nuclear energy industry and provide our in-depth analysis of issues and challenges. Viewpoints offer expert opinions and GlobalData’s views of various developments that have been taking place in the nuclear energy industry across the world.
Reasons to Buy
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the nuclear energy industry.
• Gain a strong understanding of the nuclear energy market and analyze the major trends in the global nuclear energy industry today
• Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the nuclear energy industry
• Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
Bid to Acquire Constellation Energy Indicates EDF’s expansion strategy Reference Code: GDNE0010VPT Publication Date: DEC 2008 Nuclear Energy Viewpoint GDNE0010VPT / Published DEC 2008 © GlobalData This brief is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Page 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 2 1.1 List of tables 4 1.2 List of Figures 5 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 6 2.1 Summary 6 3 Bid to Acquire Constellation Energy Indicates EDF’s Expansion Strategy 7 3.1 Overview 7 3.2 EDF Plans to Acquire Constellation Energy 7 3.3 The Deal Would Enable EDF to Obtain a Strong Foothold in the US Market for European Pressurized Reactors 9 3.3.1 The European Pressurized Water Reactor (EPR) 9 3.3.2 An analysis of the US and European nuclear energy market & potential growth opportunities 10 3.4 Key determinants in EDF’s success of the deal
Pages to are hidden for
"Bid to Acquire Constellation Energy Indicates EDF’s expansion strategy"Please download to view full document