Feed-In Tariff Propels Solar Thermal Power in Spain
CSP (Concentrating Solar Power) or Solar Thermal plants use mirrors to focus the sun rays on pipes carrying heat-absorbing fluid, thereby generating steam which then drives a turbine to generate electricity. What sets this technology apart from Solar PV and wind technology is the storage of energy. Excess energy is stored in insulated tanks filled with molten salt and this heat can be tapped during the night to generate steam. Generation of clean, renewable source of energy in deserts, added with the storage option has made CSP an attractive option for power producers looking to generate electricity on a large scale
• GlobalData viewpoints cover the latest events or important trends in the alternative energy industry and provide our in-depth analysis of issues and challenges. Viewpoints offer expert opinions and GlobalData’s views of various developments that have been taking place in the alternative energy industry across the world.
Reasons to Buy
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the alternative energy industry.
• Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global alternative energy industry today
• Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the alternative energy industry
• Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events