Early Signs of Revival Visible in Canadian Oil Sands Industry
Global energy investments are being affected by a combination of major issues affecting the global oil and gas markets. Most of the companies throughout the oil and gas supply chain are scaling back on their planned projects and investments. Significantly, the projects that are considered to have high risk and which require huge credits are the first to be delayed or shelved altogether. The financial crisis and the oil price collapse adversely affected many unconventional oil and gas projects by making production uneconomical. Consequently, a lot of the exploration and projects in the Canadian oil and gas sector were delayed or suspended. However, falling construction and operating costs and a recovery of the oil price in recent months is a positive sign for the oil and gas industry especially in Canada. The recovery in the prices, especially the crude oil prices has encouraged some companies to restart their stalled projects. However, sustained levels of crude oil and natural gas prices, a positive recovery of the global economy and thereby energy demand will be critical factors in order for these first signs of recovery to sustain in the long term.
- Coverage of the oil and gas industry
- Key trends related to the effect recession on the oil and gas industry
- Analysis of the market landscape in Canada
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the oil and gas industry.
- Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global oil and gas industry today
- Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the oil and gas industry
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
News, Analysis, Opinion, Vie
Early Signs of Revival Visible in Canadian Oil Sands Industry Reference Code: GDGE0612VPT Publication Date: JUL 2009 Energy Viewpoint GDGE0612VPT / Published JUL 2009 © GlobalData. This brief is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Source: www.energyetrack.com Page 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 2 1.1 List of Tables 4 1.2 List of Figures 5 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 6 2.1 Summary 6 3 Early Signs of Revival Visible in Canadian Oil Sands Industry 7 3.1 Canadian oil and gas industry has been hit hard by the financial crisis and the price collapse 7 3.2 Lagged reduction in the construction costs and a price recovery changing the outlook for the Canadian oil and gas industry 9 3.3 First signs of the revival of the Canadian oil and gas industry 11 3.4 Will these factors sustain the positive outlook in the Canadian oil and gas industry in the long term? 11 3.5 Conclusion 12 4 Recent Developments 13 4.1 License Awards 13 4.2 Strategy and Business Expansion 14 4.3 Drilling and Production Updates 15 4.4 Financial Announcements 20 4.5 Other Significant Developments 27 5 Appendix 29 5.1 Methodology 29 Energy Viewpoint
Pages to are hidden for
"Early Signs of Revival Visible in Canadian Oil Sands Industry"Please download to view full document