North America Wind Turbine Market: Recovery from Recession in 2011
In the backdrop of record installations in the US and record wind turbine prices, the North America wind turbine market crossed $13 billion in 2008. However, the financial meltdown which started in Q3 of 2008 has led to a fall in wind turbine prices and the trend is expected to continue for a couple of years. Lower wind turbine prices combined with a decrease in wind power installations due to the unavailability of financing will decrease wind turbine revenues in North America for the next two years. Starting from the second half of 2010, the wind turbine market is expected to follow a recovery path with the help of US and Canadian governments’ stimulus packages. The US is expected to continue leading the growth with strong political backing from the Obama government. Wind power development in Canada is expected to rev up with the government keen on utilizing the high wind resources of the country. However, wind turbine manufacturers will have to overcome major challenges due to the current financial crisis, human resource crunch and supply chain issues in the North American wind market.
- This report provides insights into the North America Wind turbine market.
- Gain information on key strategies adopted by government bodies and companies to overcome the effect of recession
- Key drivers for the wind market
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the alternative energy industry.
- Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global alternative energy industry today
- Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the alternative energy industry
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
North America Wind Turbine Market: Recovery from Recession in 2011 Reference Code: GDAE0063VPT Publication Date: AUG 2009 Alternative Energy Viewpoint GDAE0063VPT / Published AUG 2009 © GlobalData. This report is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Page(1) www.alternativeenergyetrack.com Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 2 1.1 List of Tables 3 1.2 List of Figures 4 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 5 2.1 Summary 5 3 North America Wind Turbine Market: Recovery from Recession in 2011 6 3.1 Soaring installations in US to drive the Wind Turbine Market in North America 9 3.2 Increased Wind Power development in Canada to result in growth of Wind Turbine Market 9 3.3 Key Issues 9 4 Appendix 10 4.1 Methodology 10 4.2 About GlobalData 10 4.3 Contact Us 10 4.4 Disclaimer 10 Alternative Energy Viewpoint GDAE0063VPT / Published AUG 2009 © GlobalData. This report is a licensed product and is not to be photoco
Pages to are hidden for
"North America Wind Turbine Market: Recovery from Recession in 2011"Please download to view full document