A.W.I. COLORADO CHAPTER
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
January 18, 2008
LOCATION: Little Shanghai
Chapter President Eric Peterson, New World Millworks firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter Vice President Don Graefenhain, Flood & Peterson Insurance, Inc. email@example.com
Chapter Secretary Rick DeSimone, Gold Plane Custom Cabinets firstname.lastname@example.org
National Development Council Casey Peterson, New World Millworks email@example.com
Associate Representative Ron Kaemingk, Stiles Machinery firstname.lastname@example.org
Webmaster Dave Molliconi Integrated Machinery Solutions DaveM@IntegratedMachinery.net
New Membership Coordinator Robert Hopkins, Larson Distributing troutbumhopkins@hotmail.
Guest John Niedzwiecki, Weyerhauser email@example.com
NOT IN ATTENDANCE:
Chapter Treasurer Tony Slavec, Precision Interiors firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting called to order at 6:05 PM
• The treasurer was absent but a review of past expenses reveals the chapter has a
healthy balance to enter the new year.
- AIA Colorado and Colorado Construction ads consume about ½ the annual budget. The
efficiency of the current marketing campaign was brought to question. Ideas were solicited for
a more direct marketing approach.
- CP presented a direct mailing flyer that the Texas Chapter uses as its manufacturing
member and associate directory.
- All BOD members agree that a flyer is worthy of investigating and that suppliers should be
included in these promotional materials.
- EP to ask Greg at Incognito Marketing to develop an estimate of the costs associated with
the development of this flyer.
- Mailing lists from AIA, AGC and ABC will be obtained.
- RH to probe Blue Book for a mailing list of AIA members.
- AWI National ( Greg Heuer) is in development of a new program to develop and monitor
the skills of woodworkers in the industry. The North American Skill Standards Committee is
requesting donations from state chapters for this purpose. USDA and The US Forest
Service are granting them a total of $92,000.00
- RK motions that the AWI Colorado Chapter donate $1000.00
- RH seconds the motion
- EP to ask TS to send the donation to Greg Heuer.
- Companies to be contacted by RH for membership
• True North
• CAS Interior Solutions, Lou Casados
• JKH Millwork, Ron King
• JK Concepts
• RD to send DM an updated list of Chapter members
4.) Development Council
- CP reports that there is a new initiative by AWI National to have members that join
National, automatically become members of their local chapter. He reports that there has been
marked resistance to this initiative by local chapters concerned about national control of their
More information will be provided as this movement develops.
- CP’s term as Development council Representative will expire October/08. The board will
need to seek his replacement or investigate the possibility of a second term for CP.
- The next Development Council meeting will occur this spring. Its date will be provided when
Event Schedule Planning 2008
- March 6th: LEED for woodworkers - Margaret Fisher, Saunders Wood Specialties
• CP to contact Margaret to confirm (Our date is tentative according to her
present scheduled presentation in Florida Feb 27 - Mar 1)
- May 8th: Plant Tours- locations TBD
- June 20th: Sales & Marketing presentation by AWI National speakers
- August ?: Golf Tournament
- September 18th: Shop Meeting - Finish
- November 6th: Shop Meeting – Veneer & Adhesives
- December 5th: Christmas Party
RD motions to adjourn meeting
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM
Next BOD meeting: Breakfast King, February 13th, 6:30AM