123 Elm Street ▪ Miami, FL 33183 ▪ 305-555-5555 ▪ email@example.com
Creative, award-winning criminal justice manager with experience in the areas of probation and parole.
Demonstrated expertise in maintaining a fiscally sound budget, increasing revenue, and alleviating
overcrowding in prisons. Proficient in JNET, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Member of the following associations:
Pennsylvania County Chief’s Association (Vice President), United States Marshal Task Force, Driving Under the
Influence Association, and National Association of Probation Executives.
LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPERIENCE
ABC COUNTY, FLORIDA 20xx – Present
Chief Probation and Parole Officer
Oversee a staff of 25. Build alternative programs to protect the community while decreasing victimization and
reducing recidivism. Pursue alternative funding through the Florida Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
Establish relationships with law enforcement agencies at local, state, and federal levels.
• Increased the amount collected from offenders from $850,000 in 2002 to $1.6 million in 20xx.
• Created alternative programs, including the first treatment courts (Drug, DUI, and Mental Health) in the
county, thereby alleviating overcrowding of the county prison while saving taxpayers’ money.
• Instituted family group decision making among the offenders with social service agencies.
• Increased offenders on electronic monitoring from 10 to 45, which resulted in reducing the prison
population and increasing revenue from $25,000 in 2002 to $130,000 per year since inception.
• Established the use of a narcotic canine officer to detect drugs among offenders under supervision.
• Developed the sex offender unit, which provides treatment through therapeutic polygraphs.
• Introduced new technology such as electronic monitoring, GPS, and SleepTime bracelets.
• Transitioned the case management system from written records to an automated one.
BCD COUNTY, FLORIDA 20xx – 20xx
Supervisor—Adult Probation and Parole (20xx-20xx)
Managed eight staff members and acted as co-supervisor of the Power Shift Unit and Intensive Drug Unit.
Probation Officer II—Intensive Drug Unit (20xx-20xx)
Played an instrumental role in planning and developing the Intensive Drug Unit and Power Shift Unit. Supervised
offenders convicted of drug-related crimes.
Probation Officer (20xx-20xx)
Managed approximately 120 offenders in the City of Miami.
Candidate for Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
XYZ State University, Miami, FL
Related Course Work: Victimology, Policy and Procedures, Predatory Crime
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, 20xx
XYZ State University, Miami, FL
Continuing Education: National Institute of Corrections Executive Training, 20xx
Florida Association of Probation, Parole and Corrections Professional of the Year Award, May 20xx
XYZ State University Alumni Association People to Watch Award, October 20xx
City of Miami—Mayor’s Award for Distinguished Public Service, July 20xx
Certificate of Appreciation from ABC County District Attorney’s Office for Meritorious Assistance
Certificate of Commendation from BCD County District Attorney’s Office, July 20xx
Certificate of Commendation from ABC County Drug Task Force, July 20xx
Certificate of Commendation from the Mayor of Miami, 20xx, 20xx, 20xx