123 Elm Street Miami, FL 33183 H: (305) 555-5555 C: (305) 444-4444 firstname.lastname@example.org
DYNAMIC & VERSATILE LAW ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATOR
Committed to public safety through exceptional police service
Results-driven and accomplished administrator with extensive experience managing a large law enforcement agency.
Effectively direct overall operations, including patrol, investigations, support, community service, training, and
administrative service. Successful background as Commander of Greater Miami Major Case Squad, a multi-jurisdictional
violent crime task force composed of 500 investigators representing 105 local, state, and federal law enforcement
Dynamic leader with expertise in development of strategic projects and programs in advancement of
departmental frameworks serving a diverse community of 80,000 residents.
Exceptional communicator with notable success in management of operations focused on lowered crime,
heightened security, strengthened productivity, enhanced financial performance, and overall quality of life across
Selected as Commander of Greater Miami Major Case Squad by the Board of Directors to direct high-profile
murder investigations across Florida with oversight of operational and administrative functions.
Recognized as the fifth police official selected to serve as Major Case Squad Commander in the thirty-five year
history of the organization. Served 2.5 million citizens across six counties in Florida.
MAJOR/ASSISTANT CHIEF OF POLICE | CITY OF MIAMI, Miami, FL – 20xx to 20xx
Directed 83 officers and 30 civilian personnel through five direct reports. Ensured public safety across a diverse
community with 50,000 residents.
• Served as second in command and agency head in absence of the Chief of Police.
• Led the team initiative that obtained international accreditation (CALEA).
• Instituted accountability practices, increased and enhanced departmental resources for major
investigations, and streamlined assignments, which lead to successful Part 1 offenses case clearance rates
of nearly 45%, a one-third increase over previous years.
• Co-chaired a collaboration of police, school officials, and citizens that designed and implemented a
comprehensive school district security program that restored community confidence and curbed an alarming
drop in enrollment. Key features from this program were used in the 20xx State of Florida “Safe Schools
ASSISTANT C HIEF OF POLICE | RIVERVIEW POLICE DEPARTMENT, Riverview, FL – 20xx to 20xx
Led 15 officers and 5 civilian personnel to protect and serve a community with 5,000 residents.
• Developed strategies to ensure optimal performance in oversight of uniform patrols, investigations, traffic,
community service, DARE, School Resource Officers, and K-9 operations.
• Designed programs focused on reducing violent crime as well as crimes against persons and property.
• Played a key role in production of law enforcement training videos, which addressed narcotics investigations,
community-oriented policing, school violence, interview/interrogation, and workplace sexual harassment.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
B.A., BUSINESS/HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: XYZ UNIVERSITY, Miami, FL, 20xx
GRADUATE: FBI NATIONAL ACADEMY
POST CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER: STATE OF FLORIDA