Creating a Beautiful Backyard
Retreating into the backyard during warm summer nights is a supreme pleasure, especially for
those who have somewhat cramped quarters indoors. This time can be extremely relaxing if you
have a backyard full of beauty to gaze upon. Here are some easy ways to enhance the beauty of
your backyard, making it a much sought after retreat.
1. Flowers‐ Adding flowers to any setting will almost always make the scene more colorful
and lovely. If you don’t want to be adding new flowers each year choose a host of colorful
perennials and bulbs. These flowers will come back year after year so that once planted you will be
sure of bright flowers every season.
2. Edging‐ surrounding your flower beds with old brick, stones or some other type of edging
will give it a very neat and elegant look.
3. Birdbath‐ There are many beautiful birdbaths on the market these days and often they are
also fountains. So you can enjoy the peaceful sound of a fountain while watching the birds come
for a dip.
4. Ground cover‐ The use of ground cover in your flower beds or around trees is twofold. The
ground cover will look pretty mixed in with the other plants and they will limit the amount of
weed growth in your garden.
5. Mowing‐ A simple mowing of overgrown grass can go a long way to improve the look of a
lawn. Even if your lawn is made up of many weeds, they will still look better when mowed down.
6. Water‐ The more you water your lawn the greener and softer it will be. This is the easiest
improvement but may also be the most expensive depending on the cost of water in your area.
7. Torches‐ Surrounding your yard in torches and lighting them in the evening can go a long
ways to set a relaxing mood. The soft light will splatter light and shadows across the yard and the
flames will help to keep some insects away.