International School of Pedorthics
Accommodative Foot Orthotics Workshop
2828 North Juniper Ave
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
8:00am to 6:00pm for both days
12:00 to 12:30 Lunch (students are on their own)
Text / Materials
Text book: reference book Contemporary Pedorthics Decker/Albert, Dr Ron Valmassey
Clinical biomechanics of the lower extremities.
This 2 day hands on class is designed to give the student an understanding of
Accommodative foot orthotics.
1. Identify the various techniques for patient assessment
2. Process all acquired data and formulate a plan of patient treatment
3. Associate various casting methods for patient problem solving
4. Identify orthotic materials used in fabrication of Accommodative foot orthotics
5. Learn various fabrication techniques for Accommodative foot orthotics
6. Understand proper ways of fitting Accommodative foot orthotics into all types of shoe
Student learning outcomes;
* Apply the knowledge learned to be able to assess a patients needs and design the
accommodative foot orthotic that will assist the patient.
* Using the various fabrication techniques taught, and fabricate accommodative foot
orthotics that meet the needs of the patient.
* Observing the patient during the fitting process, students must be able to identify
potential problems and make adjustments.
Method of instruction;
* Lectures which will include powerpoint and handouts.
* Demonstration of all lab techniques with explanation’s
* Discussions are are encouraged throughout the class time to bring everyones
thoughts into the activities.
* This is a team learning environment, everyone in the class has unique thoughts and
perspectives. I encourage input from everyone.