GENERAL SHOP SAFETY TEST
Write the letter “T” or “F” for true or false statements in the blank.
1. While in the shop you must always wear proper eye protection. 1.
2. Horseplay, running and throwing in the shop are not against shop rules 2.
3. It is okay to use a machine before your teacher shows you how. 3.
4. Long hair can be dangerous in the shop. 4.
5. Machine tool guards may be removed if they are in your way. 5.
6. Report every injury, no matter how small to the teacher. 6.
7. When oil or grease is spilled on the floor, it should be cleaned up at once. 7.
8. More than one person can be inside the safety lines when using a machine. 8.
9. Adjustments to machines can be made while running. 9.
10. It is dangerous to bother another student who is working. 10.
11. Check all tools before using them to see if they are in good condition. 11.
12. It is not necessary to put your tools away after you finish. 12.
13. Any type of fire can be put out with one type of fire extinguisher. 13.
14. If another student’s catches on fire put the fire out with a fire blanket. 14.
15. Locker and cupboard doors should be closed when not being used. 15.
16. A safe place to carry screws or bolts is in your mouth. 16.
17. No tools or materials should hang off the edge of a work bench. 17.
18. Pointed tools can be carried in your pocket. 18.
19. Rags that have oil or flammable liquid on them should be placed in a
closed metal container. 19.
20. Gloves in good condition should be worn when welding. 20.
21. Projects don’t need to be clamped in place when drilling. 21.
22. Painting should be done in a well ventilated area. 22.
23. When using revolving tools or machines extreme caution should be used. 23.
24. Clean shops are safe work places. 24.
25. Sparks are never dangerous around hair spray or perfume. 25.