123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183 • 305-555-5555 • email@example.com
QUALIFIED HOSPITALITY MANAGER
• Exceptional Background in Personnel & Operations Management •
Management professional with solid experience in the development, growth, and leadership of personnel.
Expert in analyzing existing operations and implementing effective systems, strategies, and processes to
improve organizational performance. Accomplished in managing corporate finances and capturing sales
opportunities to increase revenues and improve profit contributions. Proven leadership and work ethic.
Successful history of resolving corporate issues and exceeding organizational goals. Key skills include:
• Coaching & Motivating Staff • Cross-Functional Team Leadership
• Account Management & Retention • Strategic Operational Planning
• Finance Management & Cost Control • Productivity Improvement
• Customer Service & Issue Resolution • Hospitality Sales
ABC Hospitality Management, Miami, FL 20xx-Present
Full-service hotel with 150 rooms and $2 million in annual revenue.
GENERAL MANAGER: Direct five managers and 30 employees for a full-service hotel with 150 rooms and $2
million in annual revenue. Oversee sales, customer service, housekeeping, accounting, maintenance, and front
desk activities. Manage overall finances of the property; process bank transactions / deposits, and maintain
daily accounting ledger. Conduct daily walk-throughs, and work closely with hotel staff to ensure smooth
operations. Resolve guest issues to guarantee full customer satisfaction.
• Successfully led hotel during a record-setting season within the first three months of hire, managing over
$200,000 in monthly room sales and a 90% occupancy rate.
• Dramatically lowered labor costs by combining jobs to utilize personnel time more effectively.
• Retained the hotel’s biggest client by quickly resolving issues, diffusing tension, and ensuring that all of
the client’s expectations were met or exceeded.
• Developed highly effective procedures for cash handling, room cleaning, check-ins, and preventative
maintenance. Trained staff on all new processes.
• Instituted electronic hand punch and payroll systems and streamlined procedures for all areas of
BCD Lodging Hospitality Management, Miami, FL 20xx-20xx
Comprising two separate hotels, the Sheraton Plaza Towers and Sheraton Westport Chalet, the property
generated $12 million in room sales alone. Hotels encompassed 510 rooms, two restaurants, and 40,000 sq. ft.
of meeting space.
MANAGER ON DUTY: Served as Night Manager, directing all departments with over 300 employees during
the evening shift. Managed two club lounges, two restaurants, two bars, and the banquet staff. Led managers
Page 2 of 2
MANAGER ON DUTY (CONTINUED):
and staff members in housekeeping, maintenance, security, room service, front desk, and concierge
functions. Acted as main guest contact for problem resolution. Consistently exceeded client expectations and
CDE Hospitality Management Group, Miami, FL 20xx-20xx
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER: Effectively managed multiple properties for different brands throughout
the country. Interviewed, hired, trained, disciplined, and motivated employees in all departments. Provided
profit and loss reporting, budgeting, and purchasing to ensure maximum profitability. Worked closely with
clients to ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, customer service, and hospitality. Completed
management paperwork, and performed administrative duties.
• Created highly successful sales plans, marketing campaigns, and advertisements.
• Earned fast-track promotion from initial Front Desk Supervisor position.
LEAD BANQUET SET-UP AND SERVER, CDE Hotel 20xx-20xx
Designed and organized major events for the Five Diamond resort; effectively ran multiple functions at the
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration / Minor: Advertising and Promotion • 20xx
XYZ State University, Miami, FL
Relevant Coursework: Accounting, Computer Applications, Public Speaking, Writing I & II, Economics,
Management, Marketing, Advertising, Statistics, Insurance, and Business Law
Activities: Executive Officer/Vice President and Secretary of Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
Member of the Southwest Missouri State University Ad Club
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet Explorer, Property Management Systems,
Computel, Fidelio, Night Vision, Web Design, PageMaker, Photoshop, Galaxy, Light Speed, Nova Plus
Habitat for Humanity • Special Olympics • Salvation Army