Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: SVP Finance
Job location: Houston, TX
Company Background: SCC Americas is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sindicatum Carbon
Capital (SCC). SCC is a project developer of greenhouse gas emissions reduction and
renewable energy projects worldwide with operations in China, India and Indonesia. SCC
Americas fully funds, implements and operates these projects across the United States. Our
successful business model relies on hiring local talent experienced in the business sectors of
Job summary: The financial analyst will be a critical player in the evaluation of investment
opportunities and market direction for the organization. In order to do this, the financial analyst
must gather financial information, analyze the information, and use that information to provide
the team with recommendations.
Summary of essential job functions
• Create and maintain project proformas for waste to energy and greenhouse gas projects.
The models will include production estimates, carbon credit estimates, monetization of
captured gas and other products through versus revenue streams, capital and operating
expenditures along with tax, financial and other legal structures impact on the economic
• Coordinate and gain approval of modeling methodologies from SCC VP Finance.
• Conduct market research to support business feasibility studies
• Provide economic evaluation of business opportunities as they arise
• Research and make recommendation on input assumptions such as natural gas, power,
REC and VER prices.
• Maintain support documentation for model input assumptions
• Research and provide tax assumptions and incentives for all US projects locations.
• Support acquisition and divestiture due diligence.
• Contribute to the preparation and drafting of project proposals to customers and board
notes for capital allocation.
• Present oral and written reports relating to findings
12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100 505 Montgomery Street, Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77046 www.sccamericas.com San Francisco, CA 94111
(713) 425-4955 (415) 874-3544
• Legal authority to work in the US on a full time basis
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required. MBA or CFA a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in providing financial analysis at a project level
• Deep understanding of accounting principles and basic tax structure in the US.
Knowledge of economic principles also desired
• Ability to work with multiple teams and manage many projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy while performing under tight
• Advanced excel skills along with chart and graphic ability to illustrate finding. Strong
power point skills desired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to
time, as needed.
SVP Business Development & Finance
12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77046