GfK Equity Research Job Description:
Position: Research Analyst Location: London suburb / UK
Date open: ASAP Reports to: Group Manager
Opportunity and Purpose
Join small team of professionals in the continuous development of a research program delivering sell-thru retail data and
analysis to investors. Four team members reside in the UK; three new members have joined the managing director in a
new office in Boston. We are dedicated to providing high-level service to the highly demanding financial institutions. GfK
is the world largest point-of-sale data provider, with 60 offices and 7,500+ employees worldwide.
This assignment requires top-rate analysis skills and experience. The responsibility involves contributing to adding
analytical value to the frequent reports on European technological markets such as mobile handsets, semiconductors,
MP3 players and GPS that the team publishes. The successful candidate will be comfortable focusing on specific topics
and generating ideas for the on-going reports and adapting from clients/prospects’ questions.
This assignment requires a high level of intellectual rigor and analytical focus. The team uses standardized data analysis
techniques, and in preparation for demanding requests from institutional investors, we also engage a continual process
of improvement. We value ingenuity, simplicity, and dedication to the achievement of team objectives. The internship will
last at least 6 months.
The ranked priority of skills/experience is as follows:
Sales Marketing Client Service Analysis Production Development
5 4 3 1 2 6
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
1. Generate analysis in order to contribute to the publishing of frequent reports.
2. Act as a support to the three UK-based analysts by contributing to their research and to their publishing work.
3. Keep the team updated from the news and data flows regarding the European markets covered.
4. Act as the communication bridge between GfK Equity Research and GfK worldwide telecommunications teams.
5. Apply native intelligence and market awareness to better understand global technological markets.
6. Overcome real-world challenges, such as lack of extensive data history, data error, and the complexities of dealing
with numerous people from a variety of European and Asian geographies.
7. Contribute to high levels of professionalism and intellect necessary for continuous improvement.
Financial compensation: the intern will be considered as a temporary analyst, and will be paid accordingly ~£1,000 on
a monthly basis.
Desired Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Technical: Strong knowledge in MS Excel, good knowledge in statistics is a plus, as well as in editing softwares
• Personal: Good English Language + other European and Asian languages; interest in/knowledge of consumer
information technology products
• Other: Intellectually rigorous with a sense of humor
Team Contact: Gregoire Lemaitre /+44 (0) 870 603 8225/ Gregoire.firstname.lastname@example.org