Instructions for the SF-424 (R&R)
The SF-424 (R&R) form has been adapted type. Note: Large businesses are not
for use by the Technology Innovation eligible to apply.
Program (TIP) and is only applicable to
proposals submitted to TIP. Some of the 8. Type of Application (Required): Select
items are required and some are optional. New.
Required items are identified with an 9. Name of Federal Agency (Required):
asterisk on the form and are specified in the Enter NIST.
instructions below. 10. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
Number/Title: Enter 11.613 TIP.
1. Type of Submission (Required): Select 11. Descriptive Title of Applicant’s Project
Application. (Required): Enter a brief descriptive title
2. Date Submitted/Applicant Identifier: of the project.
Enter date of proposal submission. 12. Areas Affected By Project: Self
Applicant Identifier: Not applicable; explanatory.
leave blank. 13. Proposed Project Start and End Dates
3. Date Received by State & State (Required): Self explanatory.
Application Identifier: Not applicable; 14. Congressional Districts Of (Required):
leave blank. Self explanatory.
4. Federal Identifier: Enter 2008. 15. Project Director/Principal Investigator
5. Applicant Information/Organizational Contact Information: Self explanatory.
DUNS (Required): Enter the 16. Estimated Funding (Required):
organization’s DUNS or DUNS+4 16a. Enter amount requested from TIP.
number received from Dun and 16b. Enter Total Project Cost.
Bradstreet. Information on obtaining a 16c. Enter 0.
DUNS number is available at 17. Is Application Subject to Review by
http://www.nist.gov/tip/helpful.htm. Fill State Under Executive Order 12372
in Applicant Information as requested. Process? Select “NO Program is not
6. Employer Identification (Required): covered by E.O. 12372”
Enter the Employer or Taxpayer 18. Self explanatory.
Identification Number (EIN or TIN) as 19. Authorized Representative (Required):
assigned by the Internal Revenue Self explanatory.
Service. ). For instructions on how to 20. Pre-Application: Not applicable; leave
obtain an EIN, see blank.
http://www.nist.gov/tip/helpful.html. 21. Attach an additional list of Project
7. Type of Applicant: Click on the drop- Congressional Districts if needed. Self
down menu and enter the appropriate explanatory.