Coalition for Drug Free Dona Ana County
TITLE: Coalition Coordinator
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours, some weekends and evenings)
FUNDED BY: Drug Free Communities Support Program (ONDCP with possible 5 year award)
RANGE: $35,000-$44,000 plus benefits
OFFICE: Las Cruces, New Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: The Coalition Coordinator will facilitate and convene a county-wide community
coalition that will development a strategic action plan to decrease alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and
methamphetamine use by youth and other community members. The Coordinator will ensure that the
coalition includes members from 12 key community sectors and follows the five phases of the CADCA
strategic prevention framework to implement key environmental strategies identified by fund source.
Knowledge of media literacy and youth leadership skill development plus experience with county-wide
schools and systems is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Convene and facilitate monthly meetings.
• Recruit appropriate coalition members from the community, schools, and other sectors identified in
the Drug Free Communities Support Program.
• Coordinate an active youth group that will participate in the coalition and develop appropriate media
messages that are released through media channels.
• Guide the coalition through the Strategic Planning Framework.
• Coordinate coalition training with the project consultant.
• Record, maintain, and distribute coalition agendas, minutes, and subcommittee materials.
• Implement the coalition prevention program strategies as specified in the proposal and the strategic
• Oversee implementation of appropriate environmental strategies.
• Promote the development and maintenance of the Coalition.
• Develop and implement a marketing strategy (flyers, brochures, power point presentations) for the
dissemination of the Coalition’s work.
• Assist with the collection of evaluation data in collaboration with the project consultant and evaluator.
• Collaborate with other agency programs as needed or directed.
• Attend monthly Steering Committee Meetings, if the coalition has a steering committee.
• Participate in community-wide prevention events.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and other program documentation as
• Attend required grantee meetings and trainings.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of a record keeping system.
• Other duties as assigned.
ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Awareness of environmental strategies and media literacy or related prevention strategies.
• Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups in Dona Ana County.
• Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, generate participation and provide team leadership.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Social Science, Health Education and experience with youth and
adults in schools and community settings. Or, minimum of 3 years experience with youth and adults
in group settings in the community or schools. Substance abuse prevention knowledge is a plus.
• Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish helpful.
• Computer competency required (word processing, database management, and Internet familiarity).
• Finger printing and Background Check; CPR/First Aid Certification.
• NM valid Drivers License, reliable transportation, and ability to travel countywide and statewide.
• Automobile Insurance in the amount of $100,000/$300,000
December 22, 2008 5:00 pm
Email Resume and References to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX to 520.744.2127