In memory of Mr. René RAKOTOBE, who was a member of the
I.O.C. from 1968 to 1971, the Madagascan postal authorities
have just issued, on 25th July, 1972, a stamp (value: 40 F.-
black, dark grey, orange and violet).
Olympic stamps issued for the Games of the XXth Olympiad-
* Issue: 30th June, 1972. Eight values: 5 q.-high jump;
10 q. - running; 15 q. - discus throwing; 20 q. - cycling;
25 q. - pole vault; 50 q. - hurdles; 75 q. - hockey; 2 L. -
swimming. Block of 2.50 L. - diving. Design: S. TOPTANI.
* Issue: 10th July, 1972. One value: 1 F. - shooting.
Design-engraving: Georges BETEMPS.
S PANISH A NDORRA
* Issue: 26th August, 1972. Two values: 2 p. - volley-
ball; 5 p. - swimming.
* Issue: 14th August, 1972. One value: 2 S. - Olympic
* Issue: 27th June, 1972. Four values: 10 c. - pole
vault; 11 c. - cycling; 15 c. - running; 18 c. - sailing.
Design: Bradbury WILKINSON and Co. Block of four values.
* Issue: 6th June, 1972. Eight values (of which three
airmail): 10 ch. - basketball; 15 ch. - archery; 20 ch. -
boxing; 30 ch. - discus throwing; 45 ch. - pistol shooting;
35 ch. (p.a.) - javelin; 1,35 Nu. (p.a.) - archery; 7 Nu (p.a.)
- basketball. Block of three airmail values.
* Issue: 19th May, 1972. Five values: 5 F. - athletics;
6 F. - javelin; 11 F. - fencing; 14 F. - cycling; 17 F. -
pole vault. Block of two values: 31 and 40 F.
* Issue: 24th July, 1972. Three values: 10 m. - archery;
40 m. - wrestling; 100 m. - football.
* Issue: 26th August, 1972. Four values: 1 p. - fencing;
2 p. - weightlifting; 5 p. - rowing; 8 p. - pole vault.
* Issue: 8th and 10th July, 1972 in Paris. One value:
1 F. - hurdles. Drawing-engraving: Georges BETEMPS.
* Issue: 26th May, 1972 in Niamey. Four values: 50 F. -
boxing (tobacco and royal blue); 100 F. - long jump (tobacco
and green); 150 F. - football (tobacco and Persian orange);
200 F. - running (tobacco and royal blue). Design-engraving:
* Issue: 11th July and 19th August, 1972. Three values:
20 c. - athletics (brown, light brown, green, black); 30 c. -
swimming (red, red orange, green, black); 45 c. - cycling
(violet, light violet, green, black). Design: Wil van SAMBEEK.
Engraving: Joh. ENSCHEDE and Sons, Haarlam.
* Issue: June, 1972. Eight values: 1 d. - football;
2 d. - running; 3 d. - cycling; 4 d. - gymnastics; 5 d. -
basketball; 35 d. - shot-put; 75 d. - football; 3 R. -
running. Block of 50 d. of six first values.
G ERMAN D EMOCRATIC . R EPUBLIC
* Issue : 16th May, 1972. Six values : 5 pf. - wrestling ;
10+5 pf. - swimming ; 20 pf. - pole vault ; 25+10 pf. - rowing ;
35 pf. - handball ; 70 pf. - gymnastics. Design : M. GOTTSCHALL.
* Issue : 20th March, 1972. One block of 6 L. - riding.
* Olympic Stadium of Cheraga. Issue : 10th June, 1972 in
Algiers. One value : 0,50 da.
* Issue : 12th June, 1972 in Cotonou. Three values : 20 F. -
running ; 85 F. - high jump ; 150 F. - shot-put. Leaf block of
three values. Colours - tobacco, oriental blue and lime green.
Design-engraving : Claude JUMELET.
* 1972 Cycling World Championships. Issue : 24th July, 1972.
One value : 1 F. (violet, brown and grey). Design-engraving :
* 21st Championships for the Paralysed. Issue : 18th July,
1972. One value : 40 pf. - archery. Design : K. SCHWARZ.
* European Football Championships. Issue : 29th April, 1972.
Eight values - various subjects (40, 60, 80 f., 1, 1.20, 2, 4 and
5 F.). Each stamp, dedicated to a country, represent different
phases of the game. Design : A. CZIGLENYI.
Algeria ; da. = dinar ; Albania : q. = quintar, L. = lek ;
Andorra : F. = franc ; Austria : S. = schilling ; Bahamas : c. =
cent ; Bhoutan : ch : chiao ; Burundi : F. = franc ; Cyprus :
m. = mils ; Dahomey : F. = franc CFA ; France : F. = franc ;
Germany : pf. = pfenning ; German Democratic Republic : pf. =
pfenning ; Hungary : f. = filler, F. = forint ; Niger : F. =
franc CFA ; Netherlands : c. = cent ; Qatar : d. = dirham, R. =
riyal ; Rumania : L. = leu ; Spain : p. = peseta ; Spanish
Andorra : p. = peseta.
Reproduction of the three values, issued by the Republic of China
on 3rd February, 1972 and announced in the "Olympic Review",
First day cover envelope of two stamps issued by the Uruguay
Postal Authorities on the occasion of the Games of the XXth