Add a Quicktime Movie to Dreamweaver Page
Make the movie automatically start when the web page opens:
• Open your web page in Dreamweaver
and drag the Quicktime Movie onto
the page from your Assets Folder.
• You will see a puzzle piece. Resize the
puzzle piece to be approximately the
size you want your movie to be.
• Preview the movie to see if the control
bar shows for playback
If not, make the puzzle piece larger.
To make the movie not play until the viewer clicks the start button:
• Once the movie has been placed on the web page in Dreamweaver, click on the Split tab
to see both the design view and the code view.
• The html code for the movie will be highlighted. Place the cursor in the space after the
height” and type one space:
Click after the height” and place one space
• A drop down menu will appear:
• Double click on Autostart
• Double click on False
• The html code will be altered to add “autostart="false" and the movie will not start until
the viewer clicks the start button.
Danbury Public Schools J. Kilcourse, 3/06