Instructions for Downloading and Installing Apollo
and Mercury Stand-Alone Software
- Click the "Public Downloads" link at the top of our Homepage ( www.troppertech.com).
- Download the three zip files for each o f the Mercury and Apollo software programs into separate
directories (e.g., into a "C:\Merc ury" directory and a "C:\Apollo" directory).
- Run "setup.exe" in each directory and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Mercury and Apollo use some identical files so if you install bot h programs on the second installation
you will be given a warning that a file called "pwstreet.ini" is going to be overwritten. When asked whether
you want to cancel the setup click "NO" and when asked if you are sure that you want to continue click
- The Mercury installation program copies a sample TDMA data file called "Sample1.mtf" into the directory
into which you installed Mercury (by default this directory is "C: \Program Files\Mercury"). The Mercury
installation program also copies a sample cellsite file called "MerCells1.ant" into the Mercury installation
- The Apollo installation program copies a sample CDMA data file called "Sample1.log" into the directory
into which you installed Apollo (by default this directory is "C:\Program Files\Apollo"). The Apollo
installation program also copies bot h a sample "densepack" file called "Sample1. amf" (corresponding
to the sample log file) as well as a sample cellsite file called "Sample1.ant" into the Apollo install ation
directory. Please note that there will also be another log file in this installation directory called something
like "St5unst.log". This is NOT a dat a file (it is used by Windows to uninstall the software) and will NOT
play back through Apollo.
- If you like, you can download street data corresponding to the sample data files from the bottom of the
"Public Downloads” page (detailed instructions are provided on the webpage for downloading and using
the street data).
- The Apollo soft ware can be run by double-clicking Apollo.ex e in the Apollo installation directory or by
clicking the Apollo icon from "Start|P rograms". Likewise, the Mercury software can be run by double -
clicking Mercury.exe in the Mercury installation directory or by clicking the Mercury icon from
- When you run each of the Apollo and Mercury stand-alone evaluation programs for the first time you will
be given an Initial Unlock Code. If you email us that Initial Unlock Code we will generat e a Final Unlock
Code and send it back to you (this only has to be done once for each program).