Symbol Scanner Installation Information
1. The scanner does require a device driver to function properly. This driver is on
the eMagine CD in the Extras\Symbol Keychain Scanner\Two Cable Drivers
2. Insert the eMagine CD accompanying the scanner. The CD will automatically
start the installation process. You do not want to install eMagine. Click on the
Cancel button on the Welcome window and the Exit Setup button on the Exit
3. Connect the scanner to the computer. The Add New Hardware Wizard will open.
4. Allow Windows to search for the device and select a specific location for the
driver. Browse to the previously indicated folder on the eMagine 2.0 CD and
select the subfolder that corresponds with the operating system on the computer.
Note: Windows 98 and ME select the win98driver folder. For Windows XP
and 2000 select the winxp-2000driver folder.
5. Complete the Add New Hardware Wizard.
6. Read the manufacturer’s instructions on how to scan items into and delete items
from the scanner.
If you have any questions regarding the installation or use of the Symbol Key Chain
Scanner, please contact the Patterson Technology Center (PTC) at 1-877-498-6505.