Reasons on Why not to Choose Software
over Manual Coding
Use of Software over Manual Coding!
• There are many who think about using an
automated tool/plug-in, for converting their
PSD to HTML/XHTML format, as an
economical medium. But there are certain
disadvantages that get overlooked by these
people and when they get the final result, they
realise their mistake and are forced to start it all
Who use these software?
• Anyone can use these software, either a mark-
up service company or a freelancer who promises
to provide the PSD to HTML conversion project
at a turnaround time faster than the normal.
• The company or a freelancer use these software
in order to increase their efficiency and deliver
more projects at a quick succession.
List of Disadvantages?
1. The automated coding may not be bug free and
may affect the functionality of the website.
2. The codes are sloppy & unprofessional hence,
affecting the final outcome and being different
from actual PSD file.
3. Automated codes have high probability of not
getting W3C validation.
4. A quick turnaround time may hamper the
quality of your design and the end product will
not win any accolades.
5. The software may help you in meeting the
deadline but you will ultimately lose your
6. Software work on preset conditions and hence
you will get only set format. You will not be
able to receive a proper customize output as per
7. Changes to automated written codes are
complex and need time. Hence, either it will
exceed your project time line or you will not be
able to customize it according to your special
8. Automated codes do not promise to be SEO
friendly. So, all your SEO efforts will go waste
if you are using an automated tool or software
for converting your PSD to HTML, PSD to
WordPress or PSD to CSS etc.
Learning from this presentation:
• Use of any tool, software or plug-in may
hamper the success of your online presence. So,
next time if someone suggests you to try any
automated tool or software for converting PSD
into HTML/WordPress/CSS or any other
format, you can refer this post.
• For your queries regarding Markup Service
and Software Integration you may contact
• Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• W: http://xhtml.pixelcrayons.com