Store the floorboards at room temperature for at least 48 hours, in original packaging, prior to commencing installation. The room temperature must be
at least 18°C (65°F) before and during installation. Floor areas more than 100m2 (900 sq. ft.) with dimensions greater than 10m (30 ft.) in either length
or width, in transitions between two rooms and asymmetrical floor areas, requires expansion gaps in the floor installation.
The flooring is installed as a “floating floor.” This means that the flooring should not be fixed to the subfloor and there should be a 4-6mm distance to
the walls and other fixed objects. Remove any flooring strips. Measure the room accurately, at a right angle, to the direction of the floorboards. The
floorboards in the final row should be at least 5cm wide. If necessary, the floorboards in the first row can be cut to smaller size. Tools needed to install
flooring are a pad saw or a fine-toothed handsaw and an installation kit containng spacer blocks and an installaion tool. You also need an underlayment
(paper or foam) and in certain cases 0.2 (0.008) mm plastic film for protection against moisture.
The flooring can be laid on top of most hard surfaces such as resilient floor coverings, wood flooring and ceramic. Soft subfloors such as carpets and
similar must be removed. The subfloor must be even, flat, dry and variations should not exceed +/- 2mm in 2m (0.8 in 6.6’). On wooden floors, the floor-
ing is normally laid across the existing floorboard.
All types of concrete, wooden and ceramic surfaces must be completely dry:
• For wood surfaces, moisture rate corresponding to 50% RAH
• For concrete screeds CM < 2.0%
• For anhydride screeds CM < 0.5%
All types of concrete and ceramic subfloors require protection against moisture. This is also required for concrete floors with built-in moisture barrier or
heating and concrete floors with resilient floor covering. Use moisture barrier film with a minimum thickness of 0.2mm (0.008) and allow for at least 20cm
(8”) overlapping before taping. Turn the film upwards along the walls and trim when the laying of the floor is completed. Underlayment must be used over
the entire installation when installing. Use underlayment paper or foam with a thickness of -3mm (0.039-0.12).
RADIANT HEAT SUBFLOORS
Follow the instructions for the subfloor heating system supplied by the manufacturer/contractor. Also note the following: Turn the subfloor heating off for
2-3 days so the floor reaches room temperature prior to laying. The surface temperature of the floor must not exceed 28°C (82°F) and maximum output
from the heating cables must not exceed 60W/m2. Make sure that the floor surface has no hot and cold areas, as this will cause tension in the floor
when the heating cables are in use. Turn on the heating system after laying is completed.
We recommend following start up procedures: During the first week, the heating should be set to low or medium for 2 hours per day. During the following
week, set the heating to medium output, 24 hours per day. After the inital period, the heating
can be regulated in a normal way. Note that when using carpets, the surface temperature of
the floor might be higher than recommended.
LAYING DOWN THE FLOOR CORRECTLY
1. Begin laying floor in the left-hand corner of the room. Place the floorboard
4-6mm from the left wall. The distance to the wall in front (4-6mm) is not im-
portant because the flooring can be pushed into place at a later stage.
2. Press the end section of the next floorboard at an angle to the first one, then
lay down. Complete the first row in the same manner.
3. Place the final floorboard face down and the short side without the locking
strip towards the wall. The distance to the wall should be 4-6mm. Mark
where the floorboard is to be cut.
4. Place the floorboard face down on the work surface and cut to size using a
pad under 1 saw. Use a finetoothed type if you are using a hand saw. In this
case, cut the floorboards face up.
5. Use a cut piece of board from the previous row to start the next row. This must
be at least 30cm long. If the piece is too short, start with a new board and cut
in half. Always ensure that the end joints are staggered at least 30cm.
6. Place the floorboard at an angle against the floorboard in the previous row.
Press forward and fold down at the same time.
7. Place the next floorboard at an angle against the previously installed floor-
board and push it against the row in front. Put it down when the floorboards
are positioned tightly.
8. The distance to the walls can be adjusted when three rows are completed.
Place the flooring 4-6mm from the walls.
MANUFACTURER’S 25 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Venetian Engineered Wood Floor Collection residential floor by Pravada is manufactured to the highest quality standards in the industry. The follow-
ing comprehensive residential warranty includes coverage for visual appearance, structural quality (joint integrity), moisture protection and surface finish.
All VENETIAN BY PRAVADA engineered wood flooring is guaranteed for 25 years as outlined below provided that the flooring has been installed in ac-
cordance with the installation instructions provided in each carton. Due to being a natural wood product, it can be expected that approximately 5% of the
contents of each box be considered waste. This limited warranty is given to the original purchaser and is non-transferable, subject to the procedures,
conditions, limitations, disclaimers, and exclusions set forth herein.
1. Visual Appearance Warranty - Every box of VENETIAN BY PRAVADA Signature Flooring is carefully inspected prior to shipment by the factory.
We strongly encourage the consumer and the installer to inspect planks prior to installation. In the event you find a defective piece of flooring prior
to installation, VENETIAN BY PRAVADA will replace it free of charge. Simply notify VENETIAN BY PRAVADA in writing and enclose a copy of your
original receipt. A free replacement will be sent.
NOTE: This warranty does not cover the product after installation.
2. Structural (Joint Integrity) - VENETIAN BY PRAVADA warrants that all joints will not fail for 25 years of normal use. VENETIAN BY PRAVADA
also warrants that if the structural integrity of a plank should fail within the first year of installation, VENETIAN BY PRAVADA will, at its discretion,
either repair or replace the defective plank at no charge. Should failure occur after one year of installation, VENETIAN BY PRAVADA will replace
the defective plank, exclusive of the cost of removing, reinstalling or refinishing.
3. Moisture - VENETIAN BY PRAVADA solid wood floors are designed to withstand normal moisture or dryness. When installed and maintained in
strict accordance with VENETIAN BY PRAVADA installation and maintenance instructions, floors are guaranteed against damage caused by nor-
mal moisture or aril conditions. If flooring fails under normal moisture conditions, VENETIAN BY PRAVADA will, at its discretion, repair or replace
the damaged flooring, exclusive of the refinishing costs.
4. Wear Through - VENETIAN BY PRAVADA warrants its solid wood flooring for residential use in its original manufactured state to the original
purchaser for a period of 25 years from date of original purchase. Warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is not transferable. Warranty
extends to wear areas that cover at least 15% of the surface area of the installed floor.
• Flooring must be installed and used in accordance with manufacturer’s installation and maintenance instructions, using VENETIAN BY PRAVADA ac-
• Flooring is intended for indoor use only.
• Flooring is not suitable for installation in areas of high humidity such as sauna and baths.
• Surface wear or damage is not the result of accidents or abusive conditions such as, but not limited to, damage caused by severe impact, scratching or
cutting, or improper maintenance.
• Surface stain is the result of common household products. Chemical or industrial product stains do not apply under this warranty. Refer to the mainte-
nance instructions included on the warranty.
• Surface wear must be readily visible* and exclude reduction in gloss. Variation or reduction in gloss or sheen is not considered wear.
• VENETIAN BY PRAVADA warrants that solid wood flooring will not be damaged by the effects of normal moisture or dryness; i.e., spilled liquids or
moisture from outerwear such as shoes. This water warranty specifically excludes damage caused by sustained water exposure such as leaking appli-
ances, including but not limited to, dishwashers, washing machines and refrigerators, hydrostatic pressure, overflows of fixtures resulting in subsurface
penetration, flooding or natural disasters.
• Alterations or repairs of the product will void any and all express and implied warranties. No warranty is provided to cover repairs.
• VENETIAN BY PRAVADA is under no obligation to reinstall or replace warranted planks. No obligation to replace or repair shall be extended to any
subfloor materials, adhesives, supplies or other materials used during removal, installation or refinishing.
• No warranty shall apply for variations in color, grain pattern and/or texture which normally appear in original materials and are not considered defects.
Color will change over time and is a normal characteristic of wood. Warranty is not extended for coloration. Colour match to other wood products such
as stairs, stair railings, cabinets, trim, molding, etc. is not covered under warranty. Natural wood characteristics such as mineral streaks, small knots, grain
corrections, etc. are considered normal and not defects.
• This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the floor and is not transferable.
• Humidity should be between 35-55% and maintained throughout the year. Maintaining humidity levels may require use of a humidifier/dehumidifier.
• VENETIAN BY PRAVADA floors may be installed over hydronic radiant heated subflooring**. To prevent buckling, warping, and cupping, never change
the temperature of radiant heated subfloors by more than 1°C (2°F) each day. Before installing VENETIAN ENGINEERED floors, radiant heat systems
must have been tested and operational for at least three weeks. Surface temperature of the subfloors must not exceed 27°C (82°F). Abruptly turning on
or off the radiant heat system can cause crowning and cupping of the boards which will not be covered by warranty. It is recommended that radiant heat
systems be turned on and off gradually.
• Changing temperatures can affect the moisture content of wood products. As temperature rises, moisture decreases and may cause wood to shrink,
and gaps will occur between boards. However, once the temperature decreases, moisture increases and the boards will close back up. This is known
as seasonal gapping and will occur with or without a floor heating system and is not covered by warranty. Using a humidifier/dehumidifier may de-
crease the effects of seasonal gapping.
• A moisture barrier is required over concrete or gypsum floors and recommended for wood subfloor.
• This limited warranty excludes dissatisfaction with colour, shade, texture variations from samples or printed colour illustrations or representations of
VENETIAN BY PRAVADA products.
• VENETIAN BY PRAVADA floors are engineered to minimize gapping that can occur with seasonal fluctuations in temperature and humidity. However,
minor gapping, cupping or bowing (0.2mm or 0.01”) may occur without the unlocking of pieces and is not considered a defect covered under warranty.
• Moisture of concrete subfloors or other subflooring must be tested prior to installing the floor. Tests must result in less than 2 lbs per 1000 square feet per
calcium chloride moisture test. Written documentation of the moisture test must be obtained to validate this warranty.
• It is the purchaser’s responsibilty to ensure that product delivered is the product that has been chosen.
* Surface wear must be readily visible, approximately 15% of installed flooring.
* Some species are not warranted for application over radiant heating systems. These include: Teak and African Mahogany.
• Improper installation and abuse from cleats, stiletto heels, unprotected furniture legs, indentations, scratches, pet claws, sand, rocks and circumstanc-
es causing abnormal or excessive wear.
• Some planks may get bowed as a result of humidity and temperature fluctuations; however, bowing should settle once pieces are installed.
• Seasonal changes in humidity and temperature may cause expansion and contraction of floor boards. This can lead to seasonal cupping or gapping
that should return to normal once humidity and temperature have returned to normal. Humidity and temperature should be carefully monitored and use
of a humidifier or dehumidifier may be necessary. Gapping generally occurs in low humidity while cupping occurs in high humidity, Seasonal gapping
or cupping is not covered under warranty.
• Damage or color change caused by exposure to ultraviolet light from the sunlight and other sources.
• Damage from sub-floor moisture, flooding, leaking plumbing, overflowing sinks or similar moisture related damages.
• Damage from natural disasters, weather or other extreme environmental conditions such as excessive heat, moisture or dryness.
• Stains, including those caused by pets.
• Insect infestation after the product leaves the factory.
• Colour variations are a natural occurrence due to species, age and exposure to ultraviolet light. Some floors may darken while others lighten according
to species. These natural variations in wood tone, color and grain are not considered defects.
• Color variations in wood flooring are natural and new or replacement flooring may not match sample flooring or existing flooring exactly.
• Damage caused by improper maintenance, wet mopping, misuse, or improper alterations of the product from its original form.
• Natural expansion and contraction that may cause cracks or separation between boards.
• Damage caused by low or extremely high humidity.
• Variation in colour due to differences in exposure to UV light. ie. area rugs - shift regularly to promote even exposure of the floor to light.
• This limited warranty applies to water damage from normal household spills when removed promptly. This limited warranty specifically excludes water
damage from standing water, urine, or other corrosive liquids, excessive subsurface penetration or moisture emissions from concrete, leaking pipes
or faucets, leaking appliances such as but not limited to washing machines, dishwashers, and refrigerators, hydrostatic pressure, flooding, natural
disasters, or natural disasters.
• This limited warranty excludes dissatisfaction with colour, shade, texture variations from samples or printed colour illustrations or representations of
Pravada Floors products.
• Use of tape on the wood surface will void wear warranty.
• Inadequate product choice for the flooring application and environment.
HOW TO CLAIM
• Any claim under this limited warranty shall be made by contacting your retailer within thirty (30) days after the defect is detected with proof of purchase.
• Proof of purchase with the date of purchase must be presented with the claim along with a copy of the installation instructions and warranty included with
• This limited warranty covers the repair or replacement, at the manufacturer’s option, of the affected engineered flooring panels. If repair is not commer-
cially practicable, or if the design or model line that is claimed for is no longer available, the manufacturer will replace the affected materials with another
design or model line of equal value.
• This limited warranty is not transferable, and extends only to the original end consumer.
• The above constitutes the customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for claims under this limited warranty. This limited warranty constitues the entire
agreement between parties.
This limited warranty does not create for or impose upon the manufacturer any obligations or liabilities arising from any other warranties, express or implied,
including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Pravada Floors Inc. shall not be liable to the customer or any other person for any loss of time,
inconvenience, expenses, costs, or other incidental, special, or consequential damage and disclaims liability for breach of any other express implied war-
ranties with respect to this product. The repair of defective product material or the supply of replacement product, are the sole remedies. Some jurisdictions
do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages
may not apply. This limited warranty gives the customer specific legal rights. Such rights may vary from one jurisdiction to another.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
To protect the flooring against moisture, all 4 edges of the flooring are sealed with wax. In the case of residual wax on the surface of the board, remove
excess wax easily with acetone/white spirits.
Clean the flooring at regular intervals with vacuum cleaner or dry mop. Alternatively, use synthetic detergent and a well wrung damp cloth. Avoid us-
ing large amounts of water. Wet spillage must be dried immediately. Carpets in entrance areas will protect sand and dirt. Felt pads should be fitted to
furniture legs to avoid marking. A room’s relative air humidity is ideally 35-55% at 20°C (68°F). During cold periods with increased heating, the indoor air
humidity may become so low that the floor is prone to drying out. This may cause a certain amount of seperations so that minor gaps appear in the floor-
ing joints. Such problems can be overcome by using a room humidifier.
For more information, please visit: www.PravadaFloors.com