Purchasing Methods Flow Chart
Amount of Contract is $5000 or Less
No competitive process. Less than $50,000
Follow TSB requirements,
as applicable. Yes
1. Identify 3 bidders
2. Prepare solicitation document 1. Document a detailed need statement 16. Send addendum to the RFP including
3. Post notice to TSB (describe what you are trying to accomplish). questions and answers from the vendor
4. Issue solicitation document with date to 2. Draft the RFP. conference.
respond 3. Coordinate review of the draft RFP with 17. Accept proposals until deadline for
5. Document date/time of receipt of response agency staff. submission.
6. Evaluate responses 4. Develop a schedule for the RFP. 18. Determine responsiveness of
7. Select contractor(s) 5. Make arrangement for the vendors’ proposals.
8. Issue notice of intent conference, if there is one. 19. Evaluate proposals and make award
9. Prepare contract for negotiation 6. Prepare legal notice of forthcoming RFP determination.
10. Acquire signatures following the appeal and publish in newspapers. 20. Obtain internal agency review and
period 7. Compile mailing list. approvals for award.
11. Document the entire selection & award 8. Complete final RFP document. 21. Announce apparent successful
process. 9. AG review, if needed. contractor.
10. Select RFP evaluators. 22. Notify unsuccessful proposers.
11. Draft scoring sheets to be used by 23. Negotiate contract.
evaluators. 24. Conduct debriefing conferences, if
12. Issue the RFP to all interested parties. requested.
13. Document all telephone and written 25. Finalize contract document.
inquiries regarding the RFP. 26. Complete and submit any required
14. Prepare agenda for the vendor conference. forms.
Include any questions regarding the RFP 27. Sign contract and begin work.
asked to date.
15. Conduct vendor conference (used for more