Docstoc

Minutes 7 September 2009 - GREAT CANFIELD PARISH COUNCIL

Document Sample
Minutes 7 September 2009 - GREAT CANFIELD PARISH COUNCIL Powered By Docstoc
					                                                                                                203


                     GREAT CANFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
              MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
                 held in the Church Hall Monday 7th September 2009.
Present:         Cllr Jon Sams (Chair)
                 Cllrs Tricia Clifton, Henry Green, Robert Mackley, Gwen Salmon, Gordon Sives
                 and the Clerk Allison Ward

                 0 Members of the Public.

PUBLIC MEETING – No matters were raised.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Cllrs Keith Vincett (holiday), Susan Barker (meeting),
   Jackie Cheetham (holiday), Derek Jones (meeting).

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None.

3. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 13th July 2009 were approved and
   signed as a true record, after the following amendment.

   Additional point added to Item 5 District Councillors’ Report

   Cllr Barker when challenged confirmed that she had not read the EWM major planning
   application for Crumps Farm or the response submitted by Great Canfield Parish Council.

4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES NOT ELSEWHERE ON THE AGENDA

   Cllr Salmon has received a request from Takeley Farmers Market asking if boards can be
   displayed in the village advertising the Market, these will be removed after the event. All
   agreed and suggested these be placed at Peckers and Hope End. Cllr Salmon to respond.

5. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORT – None.

6. CORRESPONDENCE

   Comments from circulated mail and other correspondence.

   6.1. Fitzjohn’s Lane Definitive Map - Following correspondence from Essex County Council
        Cllr Sams proposed, Cllr Sives seconded, with all in favour that the Schedule 14
        application be withdrawn. Clerk to respond.

           The Clerk received confirmation that the cost of the alternative proposal (to establish a
           path around the back of the wood, linking up with footpath 12 providing a continuous
           walkable loop), is approximately £1,300, being the cost of administration and
           advertising. Essex County Council suggested the proposed new path will also involve

Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council
                                                                                              204


       the diversion of another existing route. Cllrs confirmed this is not correct, Clerk to
       advise.

       Cllr Sams has spoken to the owner of Barbary Cottage who has agreed to pay the
       proposed costs of £1,300 in full. All agreed this was an acceptable solution, Cllr Sams
       to request confirmation in writing.

       Clerk to request and complete documentation, allowing the proposal to be progressed.

       A comment has been received from another resident asking if in this process a further
       change could be included to relocate the path from the centre of a field to the edge. All
       agreed this was not a matter for the Parish Council to resolve.

   6.2. Uttlesford District Council issued a consultation note on sandbags, proposing an
        educational route to replace the current process of issuing sandbags. The Parish Council
        agreed not to make any comments on the proposal, however requested that the Clerk
        forward a copy of the letter to the residents of Poplars; Cllr Sams has already provided a
        copy to the residents of Waterhall. The Clerk to publish the consultation note on the
        website and include in newsletter, together with further information as decisions are
        made.

   6.3. The Parish Council agreed not to make any comment on the Street Light Pilot Scheme to
        the Safer and Stronger Communities Policy and Scrutiny Committee.

   6.4. Information has been received on BAAs Noise Action Plan Consultation. All agreed
        that the Parish Council should submit a response in line with the suggestions from SSE.
        Cllr Sams to draft a response for circulation and agreement, prior to submission by 2 nd
        October.

   6.5. A request to support amendments to The Sustainable Communities Act 2007 has been
        received. This suggests writing to both our MP requesting they sign ‘Early Day Motion
        N0 1545 and our local council asking them to ‘opt in’. Cllr Clifton to review details and
        circulate suggested actions to Cllrs.

   6.6. The Annual Return for 2008/09 has been returned by the Auditors, there are no issues or
        comments. Clerk to prepare relevant documents advising of public availability to view
        and place on Hellmans Cross notice board.


7. EAST OF ENGLAND HOUSING PLAN

   A review of the documentation suggests the area to the south of the A120 and east of
   Stansted is potentially the only land proposed in the plan, within the vicinity of Great
   Canfield. This is dependent on the need generated by Stansted Airport. A series of meetings



Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council
                                                                                                   205


    are planned where further information and details are on the plan will be presented. Cllr
    Clifton to summarise information and forward to Cllr Vincett for potential attendance.

8. UTTLESFORD STRATEGIC HOUSING LAND AVAILABILITY ASSESSMENT

    It was agreed the Parish Council would not make any comment on the SHLAA report. The
    only piece of land identified within the vicinity of Great Canfield is between the B1256 and
    the Flitch Way, opposite Priors Green. Cllr Sives asked whether the land at Canfield Nursery
    is included in the report. It is understood this is not in the report and is subject to the ‘normal
    planning’ process.

9. REPRESENTATIVES REPORTS

    9.1. Footpaths, Byeways, Bridleways and Greens
.
       9.1.1. Cllrs Sives and Vincett together with Jill Perry met Highways to discuss
            Bridleway 24. It was agreed that Highways will arrange to survey and mark out the
            correct route within the next few months, allowing all parties to agree a workable
            solution. In addition the Group discussed the poor condition and specifically the
            boggy sections of the Bridleway beyond Marsh Farm. It was suggested Steve Perry
            and the 3Ps project may be able to help, with Highways confirming they can arrange
            free road planings. Clerk to contact Steve Perry for an estimate of the volume of
            planings required and a quotation for carrying out the work and cutting back the
            hedges.

       9.1.2. Clerk has written to Highways and sent photographs of the cropping on footpath
            2. Highways have confirmed a further inspection will take place in the next few
            months.

       9.1.3. The work to clear footpath 7 has been completed with the help of the Flitch Way
            volunteers. Cllr Sams proposed and Cllr Salmon seconded with all in favour, that a
            donation of £25 is sent to the Flitch Way Volunteers with grateful thanks for their
            assistance, Clerk to arrange.

       9.1.4. Cllr Sams confirmed the bridge on footpath 21 has been repaired.

       9.1.5. Complaints have been received from residents at Hope End regarding dog fouling
            on the access path to the Flitch Way. Clerk to report issues to the Animal Warden
            Service at Uttlesford District Council.

    9.2. Highways and Road Safety

       9.2.1. Problems continue with vehicles travelling to Ashfields despite the introduction of
            a new sign. Cllrs Clifton and Mackley to arrange to meet with Ashfields to discuss
            potential solutions including changes to the postcode.

Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council
                                                                                             206



      9.2.2. Following a meeting between Highways and the Police, a proposal for a 30mph
           speed limit in Hope End, (traffic survey pending) and a shorter 40mph speed limit
           through Green Street, has been received. The Parish Council have no additional
           comments and are fully supportive of the proposal. Clerk to respond to letter. A
           further meeting on the signage is due in the next few weeks.

      9.2.3. Highways responded to the letter regarding Hope End Bridge. Their response
           states that a scheme to strengthen the bridge is being finalised for completion by the
           end of 2009. It is assumed this would then be in the 2010/11 budget. Clerk to
           provide notice of this on Hope End notice board and include in newsletter.

      9.2.4. The hedge survey will be completed by Cllrs Mackley and Salmon during
           September.

      9.2.5. High Roding Parish Council had written to the residents of Badgers requesting the
           overgrown hedge in Canfield Road be cut back. This has been completed and no
           further action is required by Great Canfield Parish Council.

      9.2.6. Kerbing at Bullocks Lane – Correspondence between the Parish Council
           Solicitors and those of Little Bullocks Farm has been sent and received. We are
           awaiting a response to our most recent letter to the owners of Little Bullocks. In
           addition Cllrs Sams has written to the Land Registry updating the Parish Council
           address on Title Number EX565776.

   9.3. Crime Prevention

      9.3.1. Thefts from garden sheds continue and residents are asked to report any
           suspicious activity.

      9.3.2. A security firm is currently trying to sell alarms to householders claiming they
           can link the alarm to a police station. All residents should be aware this is a scam
           and the police no longer offer this service.

      9.3.3. Essex Police have introduced a new Aviation Security Team whose purpose is to
           raise awareness in communities surrounding the Airport, primarily in relation to
           terrorism matters and potential links to Aviation. Clerk to make contact and arrange
           for them to visit a Parish Council meeting.

   9.4. Tree Warden

      9.4.1. Following a visit from the Landscape Officer at Uttlesford District Council, the
           Sycamore Tree on the frontage of ‘Gables’ was found to be dying and the
           recommendation is the tree is felled to the ground. As there is a preservation order



Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council
                                                                                              207


           on the tree, a replacement would be required to be planted in agreement with the
           District Council. Cllr Green to contact Highways as the tree is on their land.

      9.4.2. There are two dead trees at Bacon End, one clearly on the verge and Highways
           responsibility. Cllr Green to contact Highways to confirm ownership and removal.

10. PLANNING

   10.1. Applications/Determinations/Enforcement

             APPLICATIONS

             APPL No.               UTT/0821/09/FUL
             DEVELOPMENT:           Erection of Double Garage/Store
             LOCATION:              Dairy Cottage, Fitzjohns Lane

             Under delegated authority it was decided to make no comment on this application.
             This was endorsed by the Parish Council meeting.

             APPL No.               UTT/0832/09/FUL
             DEVELOPMENT:           Change of use of farm outbuildings to (Class A2, B1(a)
                                    andB1(b) offices
             LOCATION:              Bullocks Farm

             Under delegated authority it was decided to make no comment on this application.
             This was endorsed by the Parish Council meeting.

             DECISIONS

             APPL No.               UTT/0821/09/FUL
             DEVELOPMENT:           Erection of Double Garage/Store
             LOCATION:              Dairy Cottage, Fitzjohns Lane
             DECISION:              Conditional Approval

             ENFORCEMENTS

             ENFORCEMENT            ENF/89/04/B
             LOCATION               Griffin Farm

      Uttlesford District Council responded to the Parish Councils letter stating that they are in
      correspondence with the owner’s agent over a proposal to restart growing potatoes on the
      farm. The owners suggest this would give rise to a need for storage capacity on the farm,
      and that the building whose demolition is required in the notice would be suitable. A
      further update from Uttlesford is anticipated in early October.



Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council
                                                                                             208


   10.2. Crumps Farm

   The enforcement notice issued by Essex County Council and reported at the June Parish
   Council meeting was appealed by Edwards Waste Management (EWM). Notice of the
   appeal was received and the Parish Council sent a letter to the Planning Inspectorate strongly
   supporting the enforcement. Letters were also sent to Takeley and Little Canfield Parish
   Councils asking for their support in opposing the appeal. Takeley responded and asked to be
   kept informed of action taken by Great Canfield Parish Council. No response has been
   received from Little Canfield.

   A response to the Parish Councils letter complaining about the lack of enforcement of the 6
   acre working limit condition has been received. This states that details submitted in response
   to various conditions have been outstanding for an unacceptably long time and that attempts
   will be made to address them as soon as possible.

   During August it was noted that work was ongoing on Sunday 16th August and photographs
   were taken. It is a condition of various planning permissions for the site, that Sunday
   working is not allowed. The Parish Council sent a letter to Essex County Council
   complaining. Their response was unacceptable and a further letter was sent to which a
   response is pending.

   From checking various websites a minute was identified from an Uttlesford District Council
   Waste Committee stating that EWM have made a planning application for a Civic Amenity
   Site at Crumps Farm. In addition an Uttlesford District Council Waste Working Group
   minute from September 2008, stated that ‘green waste will be sent to Crumps Farm in the
   near future’. The Parish Council have written to Cllrs Barker, Cheetham and Jones asking
   for an explanation of both matters.

   The Parish Council have still not received notice of a date for Essex County Council
   Planning Committee to discuss and decide on EWM’s application for the large processing
   plant. Cllr Barker forwarded a comment from Claire Tomalin which confirmed no date has
   been set and discussions are ongoing as there are unresolved issues.

   The next liaison meeting with EWM, Essex County Council and representatives of the local
   Parish Councils is Wednesday 9th September.

   10.3. Minerals Development Document

      Nothing further to report following the submission of the response in March.




Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council
                                                                                              209


   10.4. Newlands Farms

       A letter was sent to Uttlesford District Council stating the Parish Councils concerns with
       the building of embankments and the importation of material. An enforcement file
       ENF/223/09/B has been opened and the Enforcement Officer has confirmed that she
       expects to inspect the site shortly.

  10.5. Hobbs Farm

       The Enforcement Officer responded to the Parish Council letter requesting they be
       consulted about the design of the corrective works. They confirmed the legal
       requirement is that the access must be restored to exactly how it was before the
       unauthorised change. The matter will now be dealt with by the Legal Department and the
       owner will be given exact instructions on what must be done. Uttlesford District Council
       has a record of the original route of the footpath and of the driveway but no record of
       materials. Cllr Vincett to send a letter to Mrs Bosworth asking for discussions regarding
       materials.

11. FINANCE

   11.1.        Cheques Approved for Payment

           Allison Ward (Parish Clerk – July and August 2009),             £331.67
           Allison Ward (Expenses – Ink for printer),                      £ 34.99
           Charlie Barker (Repairs to noticeboard),                        £ 28.00
           Audit Commission (External Audit Fee 2008 & 2009)               £279.00
           Friends of Flitch Way (Donation)                                £ 25.00

   11.2.      Following information from the Audit Commission on the External Audit fee
       calculation and a correctly addressed 2007/08 invoice, Cllrs approved the payment of the
       outstanding Audit Commission invoices for 2007/08 and 2008/09.

12. QUARTERLY REVIEW OF VILLAGE HALL SUB-COMMITTEE – Cllr Sams reported
    that a charity has been set-up with four trustees, Cllrs Mackley and Sams, Sue Ball and Philip
    Sears. Further work is on-going to determine if a 5 year lease is available.

13. ITEMS FOR SUBMISSION TO THE GREAT CANFIELD NEWSLETTER, WEBSITE
   AND PARISH NEWS

   A summary of the Parish Council meeting will be included in Parish News.

   A note on sandbags, speed limits and reporting dog fouling will be included in the newsletter.




Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council
                                                                                            210


14. MATTERS RAISED IN PUBLIC SESSION FOR NEXT AGENDA – None

15. ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA

   15.1.     Proposal to investigate using Parish Path Partnership to engage a contractor to cut
             road hedges.
   15.2.     Quarterly accounts, bank reconciliation and budget review.
   15.3.     Three Valleys Water and water main replacement.
   15.4.     Lighting issues in private residences.

16. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING – Monday 12th October 2009 at 8pm in the Church Hall.

17. TIME AND CLOSE OF MEETING – 9.40pm.

ALLISON WARD
Parish Clerk
01245 231798




Signed
Jon Sams
Chairman Parish Council

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Stats:
views:17
posted:8/1/2010
language:English
pages:8