AGREEMENT WITH INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
THIS AGREEMENT made this day of , , between hereinafter referred
to as Company, and , an independent contractor, hereinafter referred to as Contractor.
1. TERM OF CONTRACT. This agreement will become effective on , and will continue in
effect until the services provided for herein have been performed or until terminated as provided herein.
2. SPECIFIC SERVICES. Contractor agrees to perform services, more specifically, as
determined by Company.
3. METHOD OF PERFORMING SEVICES. Contractor will determine the method, details, and means of
performing the above-described services.
4. EMPLOYMENT OF ASSISTANTS. Contractor may, at Contractor's own expense, employ such assistants as
Contractor deems necessary to perform the services required of Contractor by this Agreement. Company may not
control, direct, or supervise Contractor's assistants or employees in the performance of those services.
5. COMPENSATION. Company agrees to pay Contractor for the services set forth above in the following
a. Payment per job, as specified.
b. Payment for time worked, per hour.
c. Payment of percentage of job, per job.
6. HOURS DURING WHICH SERVICES MAY BE PERFORMED. Contractor agrees to perform the above-
described services during Company's regular business hours, unless pre-arrangement is made with Company.
7. TOOLS AND INSTRUMENTALITIES. Contractor will supply all tools and instrumentalities required to
perform the services under this Agreement.
8. WORKERS COMPENSATION AND LIABILITY INSURANCE. Contractor agrees to provide worker's
compensation and liability insurance, as needed, to cover any injuries to or negligent acts committed by Contractor
or Contractor's employees or agents during the performance of any duties under this Agreement. Contractor further
agrees to hold Company free and harmless from any and all claims arising from any such negligent act or omission,
or any injury, disability, or death of any of Contractor's employees or agents.
In the event that Contractor fails to provide the necessary insurance, and Company pays the insurance
premiums on Company's policy to cover Contractor, Company will charge an appropriate amount to Contractor to
cover the insurance premiums.
9. PROTECTION AGAINST DISSATISFACTION. Company retains the right to rescind this Agreement at any
time due to services performed by Contractor or Contractor's employees or agents that are unsatisfactory to
Company. Company agrees to pay to Contractor any monies still owed and outstanding at the time of the breaking
of this Agreement, less any monies owed and outstanding by Contractor to Company.
10. UNEMPLOYMENT. Contractor understands that he is not an employee of Company and cannot receive
Unemployment Benefits if Contractor's Agreement with Company is terminated.
11. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the
State of Maryland.
Executed at , on the date and year first above written.