Our mission is to increase public awareness of the personal and planetary benefits of the
raw/living foods lifestyle; to be a "hub" of information and resources that help people identify,
choose, and maintain a diet that is healthy, ethical, and sustainable; and to be a community
leader that keeps the raw foods movement growing, vibrant, and alive!
Raw Network of Washington is looking for open-minded, motivated interns with an interest
in health/raw food lifestyle to further the mission our organization, particularly in respect to
our event marketing and coordination. Interns should have strong work ethic and willingness
to explore the raw food world!
The Finance Intern will collaborate with the Director of Finance to ensure we are responsibly
managing our finances, review monthly financial statements, and maximize use of funds and
fund allocation for the organization. Other duties will include administrative tasks, and
assisting the Executive Director and Board members as needed.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Review and recommend changes to Financial Policies and Procedures as needed;
• Creating the agenda for the monthly Finance Committee meetings;
• Provide monthly written Finance Committee reports for the Board meetings;
• Provide written and verbal quarterly reports of Budget targets for the quarterly board
• Assisting with recruitment and development of Finance Committee members;
• Collaborating with our Finance Director to create our annual budget;
• Creative and outgoing
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Organization and time management skills
• Comfortable working with and communicating with diverse groups of people
• Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in a Finance or Accounting program
• Prior or current interest in health/raw foods is helpful, but not required!
• Flexible work schedule
• Help spread the benefits of raw foods with the community and bring people to higher
levels of health!
• Learn and participate in the growth of a young non-profit organization
• Learn more about raw food lifestyle and natural health
• Increase/contribute to public awareness of health!
Please download the volunteer application found at:
http://www.rawwashington.org/support/volunteer.htm, and e-mail the application, along with
a current resume, to Monika@rawwashington.org or Katie@rawwashington.org.
Winter Quarter: December 25, 2007
Spring Quarter: March 15, 2008
Summer Quarter: June 10, 2008
Fall Quarter: September 1, 2008
Other Available Internships:
• Marketing/Public Relations Intern
• Community Outreach Intern
• Organization Development Intern
• Fund Development Intern
• Events Intern
• Membership Intern