FUND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Our mission is to increase public awareness of the personal and planetary benefits of the
raw/living foods lifestyle; to be a "hub" of information and resources that help people identify,
choose, and maintain a diet that is healthy, ethical, and sustainable; and to be a community
leader that keeps the raw foods movement growing, vibrant, and alive!
Raw Network of Washington is looking for open-minded, motivated interns with an interest
in health/raw food lifestyle to further the mission our organization, particularly in respect to
our event marketing and coordination. Interns should have strong work ethic and willingness
to explore the raw food world!
The Fund Development Intern will be responsible for seeking new opportunities to promote
Raw Network of Washington to the greater community. Other duties will include
administrative tasks, and assisting the Executive Director and Board members as needed.
• Attend monthly Board Meetings and Fund Development Committee meetings
• Create monthly written Fund Development Committee reports for the Board meetings;
• Assisting with recruiting and developing Fund Development Committee members;
• Encourage Board participation in Fund Development activities;
• Coordinate Fund Development activities to achieve yearly goals;
• Providing oversight of the Fund Development Plan and assisting in any needs to
• Creating, reviewing and updating Fund Development plan
• Seeking new fund development opportunities and putting a process in place to take
advantage of those opportunities
• Grant writing
• Assist Director of Fund Development and/or Executive Director as needed
• Creative and outgoing
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Organization and time management skills
• Comfortable working with and communicating with diverse groups of people
• Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior
• Prior or current interest in health/raw foods is helpful, but not required!
• Flexible work schedule
• Help spread the benefits of raw foods with the community and bring people to higher
levels of health!
• Learn and participate in the growth of a young non-profit organization
• Learn more about raw food lifestyle and natural health
• Increase/contribute to public awareness of health!
Please download the volunteer application found at:
http://www.rawwashington.org/support/volunteer.htm, and e-mail the application, along with
a current resume, to Monika@rawwashington.org or Katie@rawwashington.org.
Winter Quarter: December 25, 2007
Spring Quarter: March 15, 2008
Summer Quarter: June 10, 2008
Fall Quarter: September 1, 2008
Other Available Internships:
• Marketing and Public Relations Intern
• Community Outreach Intern
• Organization Development Intern
• Finance Intern
• Events Intern
• Membership Intern