E3 art space: 2011 Program
> E3 art space exhibition opening
The E3 art space is a community exhibition
space, situated within the Wagga Wagga
City Council cultural precinct. The venue
provides artists with a high profile exhibition
space that promotes artistic self-
sufficiency. Gallery staff will assist with
exhibition installation; however, the space
is to be supervised by the exhibiting artist
for the duration of the hire period.
Please contact the Gallery if you would like
more information on the E3 art space: 2011
Program, or to discuss your proposal
The deadline for applications for the E3 art
space: 2011 Program is 5.00pm Friday, 27
Wagga Wagga Art Gallery is assisted by
the NSW Government through Arts NSW
E3 art space: 2011 Program Exhibition Guidelines
1. Programming and Eligibility
• The standard hire period for the E3 art space is a minimum of two weeks and a
maximum of four weeks, inclusive of installation and de-installation of the exhibition
in the venue.
• The standard period of hire is programmed to commence on a Tuesday and end on
a Monday (unless coinciding with a public holiday).
• The E3 art space is open to the following individuals or groups:
o artists who currently live and/or work in, or originate from, the Riverina region
who have not exhibited in the E3 art space in a solo show or in a group show
(of three or less) within the past calendar year;
o curators who currently live and/or work in, or originate from the Riverina
o Riverina based tertiary institutions and community education providers; and
o Riverina based incorporated bodies and NGOs.
• Exhibition proposals are assessed on six key factors:
o artistic merit
o a coherent theme or body of work
o well-developed concepts
o a realistic and achievable exhibition plan
o content appropriate to exhibit in a public gallery
o high quality visual support material
• Exhibition proposals must be received by the Gallery by 5.00pm, Friday 27 August
Proposals may be:
o hand delivered to the Gallery at the Wagga Wagga City Council Civic Centre
(corner of Baylis and Morrow Streets, Wagga Wagga);
o sent by post to Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
PO Box 20
Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
o emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications submitted by fax will not be considered.
• All proposals will be assessed by a selection panel which includes the Wagga
Wagga Art Gallery Manager and Curator of Exhibitions and Collections as well as
two independent arts professionals.
• The selection panel will meet in early September; all applicants will be notified of the
results of their proposal by Friday, 1 October 2010.
E3 art space: 2011 Program 2
2. Opening Hours
• The opening hours of the Wagga Wagga Art Gallery are:
o Tuesday – Saturday: 10.00am to 5.00pm
o Sunday: 12.00pm to 4.00pm
o CLOSED Mondays and most public holidays
• Opening hours for the E3 art space should coincide with opening hours for Wagga
Wagga Art Gallery (see above); however, exhibitors may consult with the Gallery to
negotiate reduced opening hours in special circumstances.
3. Packing, Transport and Delivery
• Exhibitors are responsible for all organisation and costs associated with packing,
transporting and insuring artwork in transit to and from the E3 art space.
• Work should be delivered on the first day of the hire period. Please confirm the
delivery time with Gallery staff prior to the commencement of the hire period.
• Several options are available for parking while delivering work. Please discuss
these options with Gallery staff prior to the commencement of the hire period.
• The Gallery does not have provision to store E3 art space exhibitors’ artwork on-site
before or after the exhibition period.
• There are three access points to the E3 art space, each approximately 286.0 cm x
84.0 cm in dimension.
4. Installation and de-installation
• Installation of the exhibition should begin on the first day of the hire period, and may
only be carried out during the Gallery’s operational hours. Installation of the
exhibition should be completed within three days, to ensure that the exhibition is
open to the public by the first Friday of the hire period.
• The exhibitor should consult with Gallery staff regarding the installation of the
exhibition prior to the commencement of the hire period for advice and suggestions.
Gallery staff will assist with the layout, installation and lighting of the exhibition.
• All work must be professionally presented and ready for installation. The Gallery
reserves the right to exclude works that do not meet the required standard for
• As Gallery exhibition equipment (plinths, electronic equipment, etc) is subject to
availability, details of specific installation requirements should be included in your
proposal, and discussed with Gallery staff prior to the commencement of the hire
• The Gallery will provide labels, floorsheets and wall text as required.
• De-installation of the exhibition must take place on the last day of the hire period
during the operational hours of the Gallery. Exhibitors should try to ensure that the
venue is left in the same condition as prior to installation.
E3 art space: 2011 Program 3
• Gallery staff will conduct an inspection of the venue and equipment at the beginning
and end of the hire period jointly with exhibitors.
5. Insurance and Contract
• Wagga Wagga City Council has public liability insurance in place which covers most
individuals and groups of casual hirers for the duration of the exhibition period.
• Exhibitors are responsible for insuring their work while on display in the Gallery. The
Gallery cannot be held responsible for damage to or loss of exhibitors’ works while
on display within the E3 art space.
• Wagga Wagga City Council requires each exhibitor to enter into a short term
contract with Council for the duration of the exhibition. The contract must be signed
prior to the commencement of the hire period.
6. Fees and Charges
• The current scheduled fee for hire of the E3 art space is set at $230.00 (including
GST) for one two-week exhibition block or $460.00 (including GST) for one four-
week exhibition block. (Please note the scheduled fee for the E3 art space: 2011
Program may increase in line with WWCC Management Plan 2011/12 Revenue and
• Exhibitors are required to lodge a $200.00 Security Deposit with the Gallery, prior to
the commencement of the term of hire. The Security Deposit will be refunded at the
conclusion of the hire period, subject to specific terms and conditions being met by
• The Gallery must be given 60 days notice if the exhibitor wishes to cancel the hire
of the E3 art space. A fee may be imposed if less than 30 days notice is not
provided to the Gallery.
7. Sale of Works
• Exhibiting artists may choose to have some or all works on display available for
sale, or none. The Gallery is responsible for overseeing the sale of work on display
in the E3 art space during the period of the exhibition.
• The Gallery charges exhibitors a 27.5% commission (including GST) on the retail
value of all artwork sold during the exhibition period.
• Exhibitors should supply the Gallery with a retail price list which includes the Gallery
• Artwork sold during the exhibition should not be removed from display until the end
of the exhibition. Exhibitors are responsible for all costs associated with the packing
and delivery of artwork to the buyer at the conclusion of the hire period.
E3 art space: 2011 Program 4
8. Exhibition Promotion
• The exhibitor is responsible for all costs associated with the design and printing of
promotional material (invitations, flyers, etc).
• All promotional material associated with the exhibition should display the official
Wagga Wagga Art Gallery logo. The Gallery manager must approve all promotional
material prior to it being printed and/or distributed.
• The Gallery will create and distribute an official exhibition Media Release and
manage any media enquiries. Exhibition details will be promoted in the Gallery’s
regular listings, including the Weekend Advertiser and on the Gallery website
• The Gallery will conduct an electronic mailout of e-invites. Exhibitors are
encouraged to contact Gallery staff to discuss the potential inclusion of publicity
material in periodic Gallery hard copy mailouts.
9. Exhibition Launch
• Exhibitors may stage an exhibition launch in the E3 art space during the hire period.
The Gallery should be consulted with regard to the date and time of the launch, and
will provide a staff member to assist with the event.
• The Liquor Act NSW (1982) permits exhibitors to supply guests with complimentary
food and alcoholic beverages. All persons serving complimentary alcoholic
beverages in the E3 art space must be in possession of a current Responsible
Service of Alcohol certificate.
• The Gallery will supply exhibitors with a key and security code in order to provide
independent access to the venue during the hire period.
• Exhibitors or their representatives must be present to supervise the E3 art space at
all times during opening hours.
• Exhibitors are responsible for ensuring that the venue is secure at all times outside
E3 art space: 2011 Program 5