2008 Amended Tax Form by ryj15901


More Info
									New Home Owner Credit
  Information To Amend Tax Returns
            Christopher Jenkins,CPA
                                                                                July 22, 2010


Congratulations on the purchase of your new home! If you qualify as a first time
home buyer you are eligible to immediately claim a tax refund equal to the lower of
10% of the home purchase price or $8000.

Existing Home Owners who have lived in the same home for 5 consecutive years
out of the last 8 are eligible for a credit of $6500 for a new home purchased between
November 7, 2009 and April 30, 2010. The closing must happen by June 30, 2010

Generally you will qualify for the $8000 refund if you meet the following
   1. No one claiming the credit and listed on the deed has owned a home or other
       primary residence (mobile home, condo, coop, trailer, houseboat) in the past
       three years;
   2. Your Income is below $145,000 if single or $245,000 if married. The amount
       of the credit is reduced if your income is over $125,000 if single or $225,000
       married. This is for purchases after November 6, 2009. The income limits
       are lower for purchases before those dates;
   3. The home is in the United States;
   4. You purchased the home after April 8, 2008 for the $7500 credit or January 1,
       2009 for the $8000 credit;
   5. You are not claimed as a dependent on another person’s return and are 18 or
   6. You are a US Citizen or Resident Alien;
   7. If married, your spouse has not owned a home in the past 3 years.

For the $6500 existing Home Buyer credit you need to meet all the above conditions
except for conditions 1 and 7 above.

If you have specific questions regarding whether you are eligible call 1-781-314-
0155 EXT 111.

If you are eligible for the credit the Internal Revenue Service will allow you to
amend your 2008 tax return. This will get you the money in 6-9 weeks.

                     HOW TO CLAIM THE CREDIT NOW

We can file an amendment to your 2008 tax return as soon as you close on the
purchase of your home. We charge a flat $75 fee to file the amendment. You can
wait to pay us until you get your refund.

                                                                           July 22, 2010

To get started fax (781-314-0158), mail (Christopher Jenkins, CPA, 440 Totten
Pond Rd, Waltham, MA 02451) or email (cjenkinscpa@verizon.net) the following
     First two pages of your 2008 tax return;
     HUD-1 Settlement Statement from your New Home Purchase. This must be
       signed by all parties;
     Two pieces of identification showing you are living at your new address
       (Utility bill, bank statement, automobile registration, drivers license)
     Signed Copy of the Memorandum Attached to This Document.
We will prepare your amended tax return and return it to you for filing within 2
Business days.

If you have any questions please call Christopher Jenkins, CPA at 877-774-0309.

                                                                                  July 22, 2010

To:      Christopher W Jenkins, CPA FAX To 1-781-314-0158
From:___________________________, ________________________
Date: ___________
Re:      Federal Tax Credit Amended Tax Return

We (I) would like to request you file a 2008 Amended Tax Return Form 1040X in
connection with our purchase of a new house. We understand your services are
limited to this specific purpose and no further work is being performed or implied.

With respect to your filing we acknowledge the following:
    This house will be our primary residence. The new house address will be
       used on the amended return;
    We (I) am a first time homebuyer. Specifically no other primary residence
       has been owned by us (me) in the three years prior to this purchase;
    If married or formerly married my spouse or former spouse has not owned a
       primary residence during the past three years;
    The House is being purchased from an unrelated third party;
    We (I) must live in the house for a minimum of three years or, subject to
       certain exceptions, may be required to repay the amount of the credit;
    We (I) am not a nonresident alien;
    Our (My) Adjusted Gross Income is below the phase out limits of $170,000
       for married couples or $95,000 for other Taxpayers.

We (I) understand that if the Internal Revenue Service determines we have
outstanding tax liabilities they may offset all or a portion of this credit against those

We understand you will invoice us for $75 with the completed return and we agree
to pay that amount within 45 days of the invoice date.


_____________________________      ___________________________
Birthdate___________________        ___________________________


To top